Why become a member? ×

Another new pedal coming from Tech21

dave_bass5

55 minutes ago, RedVee said:

Cannot see the point in posting that demo seeing that it is a guitar demo and this is a Bass Guitar forum!

Thanks for the input, that's told me hasn't it. Sorry you had to waste time typing your informative reply. 

i assumes you  dont count this section of the forum any point either then?

https://www.basschat.co.uk/forum/100-guitar-effects/

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Thanks for the input, that's a told me hasn't it. Sorry you had to waste time typing your informative reply. 

i assume dont count this section of the forum any point either then?

I enjoyed the demo :)

Not all of us are in the Bass Taliban, and I'm perfectly capable to skip a post/video when it doesn't meet my stringent criteria ;)  Thank you for posting it!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mcnach said:

I enjoyed the demo :)

Not all of us are in the Bass Taliban, and I'm perfectly capable to skip a post/video when it doesn't meet my stringent criteria ;)  Thank you for posting it!

No problem. I figured anyone looking at this will at least be happy to see it being used and not just static FB photos etc. 

Must admit ive not seen the whole video, as I'm not planning on getting one. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Thanks for the input, that's told me hasn't it. Sorry you had to waste time typing your informative reply. 

i assumes you  dont count this section of the forum any point either then?

I wonder if you're lucky not to have been burned at the stake for heresy by sharing a guitar demo..... I'd be barricading my windows if I were you.

In all seriousness though, it is a guitar preamp which works very, very well for bass and quite a few other things.

Oh, no! Does this mean I'll be burned too?!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tech21NYC said:

The PSA 2.0 can most certainly be used for bass. There are 10 bass presets in the manual on page 17. http://www.tech21nyc.com/t21manuals/PSA_2pt0_OM1.pdf  There are also a number of stompbox emulations like Fuzz Face, MXR+ etc. The PSA-1.1 was used by engineers and artists in the studio for years on guitar, bass, drums vocals etc.

@Tech21NYCAs far as you know are there any bass demos of the new pedal out there for peeps to listen to?

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t want this to sound as (possibly) bitter as it may come off initially.  It’s just a question I have to ask because Im trying to sort in my head if this is worth the investment,

So has Tech 21, who’s products I love, just released a pedal, that basically negates the need for all the other pedals?  I own the Flyrig, the DUG, in the past year or so I’ve considered the Geddy and SH, but now it would appear there is a pedal that with a little work can give you all that and more.  Am I wrong?

Edited by Marcray

40 minutes ago, Marcray said:

I don’t want this to sound as (possibly) bitter as it may come off initially.  It’s just a question I have to ask because Im trying to sort in my head if this is worth the investment,

So has Tech 21, who’s products I love, just released a pedal, that basically negates the need for all the other pedals?  I own the Flyrig, the DUG, in the past year or so I’ve considered the Geddy and SH, but now it would appear there is a pedal that with a little work can give you all that and more.  Am I wrong?

In short yes and no.

PSA is the nuts and if you are guitar and bass it’s a no brainer, however depending on what you primarily use your FR and DP3X for and settings on them, yes you may be able to nail the sound you dial in and use in the regular, there is some crossover, but each of the individual units will be more flexible

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

In short yes and no.

PSA is the nuts and if you are guitar and bass it’s a no brainer, however depending on what you primarily use your FR and DP3X for and settings on them, yes you may be able to nail the sound you dial in and use in the regular, there is some crossover, but each of the individual units will be more flexible

Hhhmmm, yes it’s intriguing.  This does seem to come as close to a one pedal EQ/drive solution as I’ve seen so far, barring the big modeling units.  But does it? 😁 Somehow I’m going to have to get my hands on one to try.

Just now, Marcray said:

Hhhmmm, yes it’s intriguing.  This does seem to come as close to a one pedal EQ/drive solution as I’ve seen so far, barring the big modeling units.  But does it? 😁 Somehow I’m going to have to get my hands on one to try.

If you have someone or know someone who has a PSA 1.1 rackmount or can try one - that will give you your answer!

Of course - we all know there is massive joy in stacking pedals etc.

I stack my DP3X plus or minus a lehle Sonic Spark into the dUg Ultrabass amp to get what I need. On their own I can dial in a sound I like too, but with fiddling I can get something different with different stacks which is more ‘me’ without sounding pretentious if you get my drift

6 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Of course - we all know there is massive joy in stacking pedals etc.

I stack my DP3X plus or minus a lehle Sonic Spark into the dUg Ultrabass amp to get what I need. On their own I can dial in a sound I like too, but with fiddling I can get something different with different stacks which is more ‘me’ without sounding pretentious if you get my drift

I’m pretty simple and no fuss when it comes to my bass sound, I only went to pre-amp pedals when I went to Class D a couple of years ago.  Without sounding especially lazy, now I feel like I’m putting way too much effort in!! 😁  I yearn for ease.

Tech 21 giveth and Tech 21 taketh away!

We gained two DIs, the mid-shift knob, and several inches of real estate, but lost the bypass switch and the ability to blend both channels to a single output! The YYZ pedal is a better option for most people.

Edited by dannybuoy

13 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

Tech 21 giveth and Tech 21 taketh away!

We gained two DIs, the mid-shift knob, and several inches of real estate, but lost the bypass switch and the ability to blend both channels to a single output! The YYZ pedal is a better option for most people.

Haha - the buoy is never satisfied.

I think you need to write your YYZGEDSH1DP3XPSA template to Tech21 to produce the monster of all pedals

Edited by Cuzzie