Why become a member? ×

Another new pedal coming from Tech21

dave_bass5

I love the look of the PSA. 1.1 but this in pedal format is killer. I have the fly rig and it's really small but well laid out and the knobs (and switches)  are surprisingly robustAs said before, small adjustments with these knobs go a long way.  Can't wait for this. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Hi, I've never really known what midi is. Never needed to really. Can someone explain it in the context of this device? 

Basically it'll let you switch between like 128 presets with a separate controller. Depending on their implementation, they may even have all the individual knobs controllable by MIDI values too.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Muppet said:

No XLR DI out? 

Universal jack out and TRS means you can go 1/4” straight to desk.

Most desks have a 1/4” as well as a 3 pin.

You can get cables that end either in a Jack or a 3 pin, your choice.

only thing you have to watch is the gain stage on the signal - but it’s entirely possible to use straight  DI out

1 hour ago, Wolverinebass said:

Now for the main question. As we did this with the Dug pedal. Who is up for doing a buyer's club for this so we can maybe get the price down?

@tonyxtiger is this possible?

Why don't we just club together buy one and pass it on each month? After all we usually end up trading or selling everything with each other eventually 🤓

• Haha 4

Just now, dannybuoy said:

Tech21 have had a lot of my money lately, so I'm out. Only thing that would tempt me for now would be a dUg Deluxe model with presets, adjustable crossover frequencies and an fx loop for the high channel!

Only was a lot 'cos you had to pay VAT and Customs (like the rest of us) 😁

20 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Ok ok - maybe not you. I was playing on the more butter-fingered members who can't seem to hold onto a pedal longer than a week and a half.

Slander. I'll have you know that me and dB have held onto some of our pedals for a good fortnite, some even a few days longer.

17 minutes ago, Wolverinebass said:

Also, as I'm a reasonable man, if anyone is close to south east London, you can pop over to my studio and try the rack version.

The offer is open to basschatters.

Very generous as ever Andy. I suspect it will be that rather gorgeous Alembic rather than any Tech21 kit that proves the pull for me! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Universal jack out and TRS means you can go 1/4” straight to desk.

Most desks have a 1/4” as well as a 3 pin.

You can get cables that end either in a Jack or a 3 pin, your choice.

But (quoting from the manual) "The 1/4” Output is a TRS jack so the complete SansAmp signal passes through the tip, while the ring connection carries the SansAmp signal without speaker simulation."

So for example if you used a TRS jack to XLR cable, would something odd happen (I think it will reverse the polarity of the speaker-sim signal then sum it with the non-speaker-sim signal)?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, jrixn1 said:

So for example if you used a TRS jack to XLR cable, would something odd happen (I think it will reverse the polarity of the speaker-sim signal then sum it with the non-speaker-sim signal)?

Yes, sounds like you'd end up with a weird signal for sure doing that. I'd use a regular TS jack straight to the desk, or via a DI box if you really want a balanced signal.

Then if you want the signal without speaker sim going to your amp, you'd need to split that TRS into two mono outputs.

• Like 1