Why become a member? ×

Another new pedal coming from Tech21

dave_bass5

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Wow, if all of those are going to be available on this pedal that’s an amazing amount of versatility.

I use the rack PSA 1.1. This is basically the same in a mini flyrig format. For those of you who don't get it and are happy with your "on/off" distortions, this is a 128 channel pedal due to the midi. 

If this doesn't sell well it's because people are morons or think midi is the work of Satan.

I stand this up as the best preamp ever. For flexibility alone it wins. Multiband distortion. Midi presets. The lot. It's voiced superbly, works with guitar and bass. I've used it as outboard in my studio on occasion to crunch up some drum loops.

@Tech21NYC have scored a blinder with this. Frankly, I wished they put the midi presets on some of their other products. If the Dug pedal had them you could properly toggle between clean and dirty settings. Oh well, living the dream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

@Wolverinebass multiband you say? I’ll have to check out the manual then! Lack of a blend or crossover etc had made me less interested in this.

Basically, buzz distorts the lows, punch the Mids and crunch the highs. Drive is like poweramp distortion of a valve head. Quite creamy.

It's not a crossover thing, but you can still distort bits of the signal or all of it if you ramp up the preamp gain.

I get it now, it sounds to me from reading the manual that  Buzz/Punch/Crunch is simply a 3 band EQ before the clipping stage, and Low and High a 2 band EQ afterwards. So you can lower the Buzz to reduce the low end going in for a tighter drive sound, then boost it back up again afterwards to compensate.

I like the sound of that, it achieves a similar thing to the character control of the VT Bass, which is a pre-drive mid control. I like to crank that up rather high to affect the breakup then rebalance with the blend and EQ.

• Like 1

Yet another GAS-able product from Tech21 - good work!

But I do find myself a bit dubious about the physical form of this, and many of their other recent products (the Steve Harris, the dUg, the Flyrigs etc). Specifically,  the control knobs look awfully flimsy - like they might snap off if a drummer glanced sternly at them.

Any owners of any of these products care to comment on their sturdiness...?