Why become a member? ×

Impromptu Newcastle bass bash - Precision Special (PICS)

wateroftyne

It was a brilliant day, right good fun with tea and biscuits thrown in by @cd_david. It’s nice to hear other people playing your basses as well as having a whirl on stuff you’ve never played. Maybe a regular thing up in the frozen north 🤷‍♂️

Also great to meet actual people behind user names too!!

Edited by walshy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kevsy71 said:

Amazing!! I could happily stay there for a month with that setup.

Any favourites?

Deffo the P bass 😉 I believe there was a nice ‘73 that WoT brought which was a beauty. Lots of mojo. To be honest I reckon you could’ve left with any of them and been chuffed to bits. Also playing through both rigs ( and getting to turn the HB up to the mighty loud setting ) was super cool indeed. There will be a lot of £££ of year in there and a lot of years of playing in them all. Can’t wait to do that again 🤘

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Was a great few hours. Some lovely basses amongst that lot. They all did sound different in one way or another. After yesterday’s get together I’m gonna be selling two of mine that are pictured as I really fancy a vintage stingray now! 
That’s cd_davids fault! 

No not the dark side 😂😂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Was a great few hours. Some lovely basses amongst that lot. They all did sound different in one way or another. After yesterday’s get together I’m gonna be selling two of mine that are pictured as I really fancy a vintage stingray now! 
That’s cd_davids fault! 

Some lovely basses there and seeing a pic of a sunburst pre EB Stingray with an Acoustic 370 and rig takes me back - that was my exact set of equipment back in the early 80s.

cd_david has been rather naughty here - he has replicated exactly what happened in the late 70s when people heard say a Musicman or Alembic amongst P bass sounds - igniting significant GAS for those wanting to be able to produce some nice bright sounds as well as the muted thump type of thing!! 😉 Back then quite a few of us were trying to be Stanley, Louis and Bernard all with one Bass. 

What sort of bass is the early 2000s P Special lookalike? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, skej21 said:

Probably the cheapest of the lot but I like that Limelight LPB the best!

This only begs the question, why is there no ACTUAL north east bass bash where is fellow northerners could’ve contributed! 🙂

cos someone might have brought an active 5 string!

• Haha 3

I'd considered starting a thread, but never bothered because it seems as though there's been very little interest historically. How much space does such a bash require? I have access to a community center with a large hall.

• Like 1