Why become a member? ×

Eden WTP900

aj5string

Hi all,

I have an Eden WTP900 and love how it sounds. I don't however, really get my head round the power & can options the head has. It also has a switchable system to run different power ratings, and speakon connectors that show this to further complicate matters.

Have searched online, but, even Eden don't seem hugely clear what It can do...

So, could anyone advise what would be my best can fit? Single 4 ohm? 2 x 4 ohm? 2 x 8?

Alex.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done some research,and had some really helpful input,and the long and short is that the 2 main options are;

2 x 450 @ 4ohm

Briged 900 @ 8om

So - one last thing I could do with some input on - what if I run a 4ohm cab in briged mode?  I know it specifies 900w @ 8ohm... will it just still put out 900w?

Alex

45 minutes ago, aj5string said:

what if I run a 4ohm cab in briged mode?  I know it specifies 900w @ 8ohm... will it just still put out 900w?

The last time I ran an amp bridged into too low an impedance, it got very very hot very very quickly. I'm pretty sure it would have died if I had carried on. I would not recommend it at all.

15 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I don’t know an ohm from a gnome or a speakon from. Klingon!

That's no way to talk about @KiOgon (who will know about these ohm thingies)! :)

Sorry - I misread! :D

4 ohm requires more power from the amp than 8 ohm, so the amp will have to work harder - and as @Rich says, will probably start to get hot. :/

• Haha 1

Its cool - the general consensus is that the manual is not particulalry helpful - despite the clever lights on the back!  Think I know where I'm at with it - its just finding suitable cabs now - need an 8ohm cab that can take a lot of punch, or 2 4ohm cabs - both of which seem to narrow the options quite a bit!

• Like 2