Why become a member? ×

Riviolta Combinata bass?!

AndyTravis

25 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

The body shape reminds me of a Washburn guitar from a few years back... with a Rickenbacker scratchplate.

The body shape's a knock-off of cheapo 60s US brand Supro. Everything Eastwood do is shamelessly robbed.

Ugh, not for me...

I get it that "vintage" instruments are hip now, but that just looks like a cheapo 80s Japanese bass or something like that. Something you'd find at a pawn shop.

To top it all off, the sunburst...gosh, I'm tired of all these sun, tobbaco and whatever bursts. Never found them aesthetically pleasing.

But hey, to each their own, just my 2 cents!

2 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

Call me strange (you won’t be the first) but I quite like the look of obscure 70’s cheapo basses, and I like the look of this too!  Like warped vintage I guess.  What does the headstock looks like?

Me likely the blue....

49A938B7-CCA1-4EA3-B909-BE45F249C647.jpeg

If they’re doing that colour...I’d be more interested 

3 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

Call me strange (you won’t be the first) but I quite like the look of obscure 70’s cheapo basses, and I like the look of this too!  Like warped vintage I guess.  What does the headstock looks like?

The headstock:

combi2_acba7c25-961a-46bc-acb6-c7d55086a

And as you like "obscure cheapo basses", the price...

Spoiler

£868!!!

:lol:

https://eastwoodguitars.com/collections/rivolta/products/rivolta-combinata-bass-vii

• Haha 1

• 3 years later...

I can see that there wasn’t much love for this bass on here when it came out but this all seemed to be based on its looks. Has anybody actually tried one, or owned one? What are they like to play and how do they sound? 

On paper it seems to have quite a lot going for it, if you can live with the looks.  I see that Coda Music have one in a natural finish that only weighs a tadge over 7lbs and with the 32” scale  (and jazz style neck) it might suit folks like me who have arthritis issues. I am wondering whether the chambered body makes it a neck diver. The price seems to have gone up a bit since launch: £1,050 give or take at Coda.

1 hour ago, Bassassin said:

Br*x*t bonus - it's now...

Hide contents

£1380!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

For some reason I can’t see the image but I get the general gist. You can get it cheaper, if you shop around but it is still a lot for a Far Eastern made instrument. However, there aren’t many medium scale basses around, so perhaps that is driving their pricing strategy. I don’t think it is justified by the specification particularly but I imagine it is a small production run.

I would still like to hear from anyone who has actually owned, or tried one.

• 1 year later...

I put the same question on Talk Bass a little while back and somebody who had actually owned one of these said it was a real dog. I forget what the issues were now but I lost interest in it at that point. I think the Warwick Star Bass would be a better bet for this kind of money but obviously, not for those who don’t get on with medium scale.