Why become a member? ×

Weird Jaydee @absolute music

AndyTravis

2 hours ago, Mickeyboro said:

You’d have been sacked from the Shads turning up with that!😮

I once played a set at a Shadows club (a funny Northern thing where old blokes who like red Strats meet above a pub to play Shadows tunes). The guys in charge gave me a red card when I got out my white Kubicki Ex Factor. They'd never seen anything like it. 

16 hours ago, Chris2112 said:

I once played a set at a Shadows club (a funny Northern thing where old blokes who like red Strats meet above a pub to play Shadows tunes). The guys in charge gave me a red card when I got out my white Kubicki Ex Factor. They'd never seen anything like it. 

I can assure you that is not a Northern thing - it certainly is a little odd, having had a similar experience to you, but it actually happens all over country!! My coral red Stingray graced one or two of these clubs in the south east during the time I played in such a band. They were quite warmly accepting of us - however I did have one incident where I was accused in a derogatory way by an octogenerian of 'sounding like Jaco Pastorius' - I had used a Fretless Ray on a jazzy song.....I suggested he may have been mistaking me with Pino Palladino 😂😂

Interesting that bass is ex Mark Griffiths - he's a great bass player - seen with either an FR Precision or white Burns with CR and The Shadows but he also played guitar in Matthews Southern Comfort.

As stated, Jaydee will make anything you ask, and for a surprisingly reasonable price. A mate of mine had a Supernatural made at the same time as he was having a Wal made and the price differential was very significant. That one does look a little odd with a Fender style headstock. Much better IMHO with traditional Jaydee type. 

• Haha 1