Why become a member? ×

SOLD Carvin AC40 unlined fretless
£650
South Benfleet

Paul S

I got this jaw-droppingly beautiful bass in a trade with @sunfishabout 6 months ago and it has just been sitting in its case ever since apart from when @Soledad of this parish came to have a look at it :)  The band I would have used this for has packed up and it seems a waste to have it sat here when I could release the funds for something else.

What is there to say?  Carvin AC40 4 string unlined fretless.  Ultra slimline, weighs as much as a box of cereal.  LR Baggs electronics, ebony neck, spruce top, mahogany neck.  Looks are subjective, of course, but for my money this is the smartest looking electroacoustic bass out there, which is what seduced me - it is just so different and eye-catching.  But it also sounds magnificent - currently sporting black nylon tapes it really does sing.  The whole thing screams quality.  Comes with a Protec semi-hard case which is as good as it gets.

here is a link to Brian's (sunfish) original advert

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/325817-traded-carvin-ac40-fretless-electro-acoustic-bass/?tab=comments#comment-3535889

it is in exactly the same condition now as when I picked it up with those same tiny marks as originally described and had probably 2hrs playing since then so I am asking what I paid which is £650.  Collection from Benfleet in Essex, meet half-way or could deliver within 50 miles for fuel - always open to discussion.  But absolutely no courier.

I would be very interested in a trade with a Barefaced Two10 with a small cash adjustment my way, if that appeals to anyone :)  

Obrigado! :) 

carvin1.jpg

carvin2.jpg

carvin3.jpg

carvin4.jpg

carvin5.jpg

carvin6.jpg

carvin7.jpg

carvin8.jpg

carvin9.jpg

Edited by Paul S
  • Like 4

Love this bass. I would seriously snap it up if I could justify it (but i'm selling 2 basses at the mo). I played a Godin and much preferred this Carvin - it's a lot of serious quality with a fab neck and brilliant electro-acoustic fretless goodness. Anyone even vagualy interested I recommend you get to play it - that would clinch it I reckon.

• Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic