Why become a member? ×

Fender USA AVRI '62 Paramore P Bass - Price Drop £1200 - *SOLD*
£1700
Manchester

tayste_2000

Frankly this is just too much Rock n roll for me, see the second picture for the effect it has on you.

So in 2008 Paramore and their then bassist Jeremy Davis gave away an American Fender Precision AVRI that he had been using on tour, I believe it is the 62 model as it doesn't have the holes for the cover or ashtray.

They proceeded to throw it round a car park, set it on fire and carve riot into the pickguard.

You can see that here

https://youtu.be/R8JgOdeL0m0

Please note at the end the marks that match up.

The bass is in full working order although I have replaced the Straplocks with Schaller ones, the original Dunlop ones the bass came with are included, the jack has also been replaced but again the original is included, along with the original strings the bass came with however one has snapped.

There are no dings or marks on the neck, only burn marks on the headstock, all relicing done by the band was to the body only. Overall the bass plays and sounds great.

The whole band including Hayley Williams have signed the back of the bass and I have further evidence of the legitimacy of this bass with a note in the neck pocket that I can provide to interested parties.

The bass was definitely used on tour and came setup with Jeremy's heavier gauge strings and drop tuning. Comes with a Fender Hardcase used by the band whilst touring but not the original AVRI case.

I acquired this recently from the original competition winner but am reducing my collection of instruments and figured this would be better in the hands of a true fan/collector over me playing it.

Probably open to trades, but only part ex's money my way

A9E480CC-C64D-490D-9A9C-27FCD3FA13DB.jpeg

BBDE8243-4E0B-4E25-B50B-CCC337D6EB43.jpeg

150116E7-817A-4C62-A4EE-01FD2999A03E.jpeg

EFD5558F-69E6-4408-9C01-C733639BA000.jpeg

09A64907-56D8-41D1-932A-DAB1685C3134.jpeg

DF66B191-1129-46A7-AC5F-388651E8906F.jpeg

CE6BB2A1-A009-47D6-97E9-638CB827A244.jpeg

0E5D02CF-EAC8-40CD-903B-E26F07C6F26D.jpeg

073E2C68-2519-48E3-89CF-A37C1CB040A1.jpeg

Edited by tayste_2000
SOLD
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Alberto Rigoni said:

but does it still sound????

Sounds great Alberto, AVRI is American Vintage Reissue.

In their passive basses it's fenders best and most expensive option before you get to custom shop models

2 hours ago, eddie_duff said:

Er, no I,ll pass on this one please 😎

Ah shame because I'd posted it especially for you, but thanks for stopping by 👍

• Haha 4

I don't doubt about the bass being a nice player and in perfectly working order (so nothing to say about the seller :)) but  the video of the "making of" is one of the most stupid things I've every seen in my entire life...

like... what the f**** ?  meh..

anyway.. good luck with the sale

There will he lots of opinions on whether this is ruined/reliced?????

That being said this bass will make someone very happy, and Steve is an absolutely fantastic guy 😁

Buy with confidence.

Edited by lee650

Poor Precision, it hurts me to see such a stupid teenager behavior.

I agree with johnpaulbass : What the f... ?

is there someone to give this PB  back its dignity ? And to bring this noble instrument to a luthier who would take care of it

PS It is a 62 American vintage NOT a 63. The headstock logos are differents.

Here a example of a clone sister : an USA 62 Fender Precision AVRI (American Vintage Re Issue)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love that and the story behind it! Real rock n roll.

good luck with the sale mate as some one will be investing in rock history! Superb 😃🍻

ps, cannot help looking at that bass, it’s super f@#£&ng cool 🤭😎

Edited by andy67
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • tayste_2000 changed the title to Fender USA AVRI '62 Paramore P Bass - Price Drop £1200
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/11/2019 at 21:46, tayste_2000 said:

33F0CBC5-64A8-4083-9561-D6F2D7C2DDB9.jpeg

Are AVRI basses nitro finished? That finish almost looks like a thick modern poly finish. Any chance you have a photo of the neck pocket or under the pickguard/wiring harness?

• tayste_2000 changed the title to Fender USA AVRI '62 Paramore P Bass - SOLD