Why become a member? ×

Used my Ashdown RM set up and

Lozz196

Absolutely loved it.

I have the RM500 EVO II with two of the RM210 cabs that I got Ashdown to swap the speakers to Eminence Betas to increase power handling (for when I had an ABM1000).

Anyway, this eve was the first time I’ve used them all together. We played at The Brook in Southampton, fairly decent sized venue/stage, but amp/cabs only needed for on-stage sound as everything goes FOH. I don’t like bass in monitors so started off with the amp on same levels I use at rehearsal thinking I might need to turn up once all was going and I was amazed, the sound was so big and full, with a real presence. It was angled towards centre of stage so if I drifted too far away the sound changed a bit, but on a 30ft wide/15ft deep stage I’d pretty much expect that from most set-ups.

I went back to the RMs as I just can’t manage my ABMs anymore (gonna be up for sale on here soon) and considering this is supposedly a budget range the performance was far better than I’d hoped for. Sure I’ve had more expensive cones put in but even then it’s not exactly broken the bank. 

To say I’m chuffed would be an understatement.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Another satisfied Ashdown customer here... Ashdown do not get the recognition that they deserve IMO.

British built, well priced, great Customer service and VERY under-rated gear - seems like a not very closely guarded secret that should be more acknowledged.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for a slight derail from the original topic but wondering of any Ashdown users/fans have tried the RM 410 Evo II super lightweight 4x10 cab yet? I cant find very much about it anywhere on the web... 21kg is a very manageable weight for a 4x10 and the price isn't bad either... I'm sure it probably sounds great but it would be nice to hear some real world feedback 🙂

36 minutes ago, Tradfusion said:

Sorry for a slight derail from the original topic but wondering of any Ashdown users/fans have tried the RM 410 Evo II super lightweight 4x10 cab yet? I cant find very much about it anywhere on the web... 21kg is a very manageable weight for a 4x10 and the price isn't bad either... I'm sure it probably sounds great but it would be nice to hear some real world feedback 🙂

I've posted a new thread with your wording. Hope you don't mind as I would like to also know if anyone has tried it. 

Edited by spyder
  • Like 1