Why become a member? ×

• 3 weeks later...

Your contributions here and on YT deserve far more attention. I haven't watched this full vid yet but had a quick look with sound off (odd but had to). You mention practicing in the dark, which I reckon is a really good thing to do with fretless (or fretted for that matter).

Ont thing about ascending slides, even just a tone or semi. That nasty effect sometimes of the note becoming louder - the string energy being compressed into a shorter length. I've tried rolling back the fretting finger to put some fleshy contact onto the string and hence damp some of the vibrational energy. But I don't have the touch on this. It may seem a small thing but it sounds noticably bad on whole-tone up-slides, I mean it sure don't sound like Jaco.

I will watch the whole vid properly with sound, I'll definitely benefit from it.

Top work Greg, thanks for sharing so generously.

• Like 1

Nice video, Greg. Good to hear a shout out for John Giblin, he enjoys a lot of love here on BC, but is pretty much unknown in the wider world, as you say (coincidentally, I was playing Babooshka with my band just last night). I will check out Grace & Danger.

• Like 1