Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Geezer Butler Head of Doom

jimmy23cricket

I think there was some discussion about these back in the summer. Conclusion seemed to be that it was a great amp, but you could be paying over the odds for features that some people wouldn't find useful. Can't find the thread though, think it might have had something to do with Mark King and Markbass.

I'm curious as to how it actually differs in sound from the ABM 600. I know the valve drive is tuned differently to suit Geezer's preference but is it just that, the double VUs and the way it can be slaved to another head that make it different or is there something in the core tone? 

I'd happily have one either way! 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

This looks lovely in red - no offence to the man in question (Shavo) but I would want it without his name across the front.

Am I right in thinking @Ashdown Engineering that this is very similar to the HOD but without the extra speaker outs?

Yes but the Shavo has the compressor too so a little different.... January will bring what you desire however 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Add to that an empty wallet after the silly season 🎅🏻

Not if, like me, you opted out of Christmas. I did this two years ago , not in a miserable Scroogy way just no presents in, none out, and it's been a massive relief. I now look forward to the time of year as never before. Still take mum to the carols, pop in and see my daughters on the day because they have asked me to, am delighted for those who celebrate it but I have none of the money side of it, none.

It's been wonderful.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, stewblack said:

No less cryptic

I actually know very little, but I made enquiries about the HOD/Shavo with a different paint job.

And got the same answer @Ashdown Engineering posted up there...

Knowing my powers of perception they’re probably still throwing darts at a picture of me on the office door for not realising I’d muted my amp and thought it was faulty 😂🥳

• Haha 2