Why become a member? ×

Marillion tonight, Pompey Guildhall

spectoremg

Thoroughly lovely and emotional night in Glasgow last night. I think the nature of the show, featuring a sextet of orchestral musicians, made the set itself and the performance a little more restrained than Marillion usually are.

First time I have seen them not perform any songs from the Fish era - and to be honest I don't think there was a single person there who would've felt cheated by the absence of one or two fluke chart hits they had in the mid 80s.

marill04.thumb.jpg.bd3d038c2259de9a8170bb58b7c89245.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bassassin said:

Thoroughly lovely and emotional night in Glasgow last night. I think the nature of the show, featuring a sextet of orchestral musicians, made the set itself and the performance a little more restrained than Marillion usually are.

First time I have seen them not perform any songs from the Fish era - and to be honest I don't think there was a single person there who would've felt cheated by the absence of one or two fluke chart hits they had in the mid 80s.

marill04.thumb.jpg.bd3d038c2259de9a8170bb58b7c89245.jpg

It made me cry too. 

• Like 1

I was at Southend too, I echo the comments above, a marvellous, moving performance, IMO. I was stage right about six rows from front and the sound mix was one of the most perfect I can remember, the bass was just right here, Pete is a great player, his sound had punch and bite when neeeded but also a beautiful depth and warmth in the quieter songs. And you could actually hear the strings/wind section!!!! ( who were very well integrated into the songs I thought.)

The Clare incident was hilarious, I love the way H interacts with the audience but I think he may have learned a lesson there. The sound tech bringing her a bag of crisps and a banana as she sat there drunkenly swaying was a nice touch.

• Like 2