Why become a member? ×

NBD Because those bottles don't open themselves

Skinnyman

Mrs S made the basic error of leaving me on my own with time to kill in Nottingham for the afternoon.

I made the even more basic error of nipping in to Hotrox in Sneinton.

They had this....

IMG_20191107_210330.thumb.jpg.09203f64bf4fee7f1a35aadac9a12955.jpg

IMG_20191107_210356.thumb.jpg.553779eb5e72d516d3b93122dc253542.jpg

I wasn't going to buy it until i realised;

a) that it is medically necessary as the binding on a 4003 is a bit sharp on the forearm, and

b) that it will annoy Young Teebs.

Oh, and;

c) it is bloody lovely.

Mrs S did the rolly eyes thing until I mentioned (b) then she understood why i had to get it.

Of course, I've broken my one-in-one-out rule so expect some major activity in the marketplace shortly.

Or I have a kidney if Raymondo's interested.....

• Like 14
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, artisan said:

Good choice sir !

I've had mine 2 weeks tomorrow & absolutely love it to bits,I can't believe what I've been missing these last 40 years.

I've had a regular 4003 for over ten years and love it - but this is so much lighter and the neck is gorgeous.

All the others will be going now....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

I've had a regular 4003 for over ten years and love it - but this is so much lighter and the neck is gorgeous.

All the others will be going now....

This is my first ever Rickenbacker & I can't get over how much better it is than any of the many Fenders I've owned over the last four decades.

My P bass is now just a backup bass.

20191030_224604.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Monkey Steve said:

I love the look for the Walnut ones (especially the maple board) but having had a walnut (non-Rick) bass before I'm a bit twitchy as it tends to add a bit of warmness

Has it still got the Rick growl?

Oh yeah....

I still need to tweak it to my preferences (raise the bridge pickup a little, fit my not-yet-patented thumb rest properly, swap the strap locks and fit my preferred NYXLs) but it has the same clank-and-growl that the 4003 has.

6 minutes ago, artisan said:

This is my first ever Rickenbacker & I can't get over how much better it is than any of the many Fenders I've owned over the last four decades.

My P bass is now just a backup bass.

20191030_224604.jpg

That looks lovely - is that a pickup surround on the bridge pup?

Nice sheen to the walnut - do you polish it?

30 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

That looks lovely - is that a pickup surround on the bridge pup?

Nice sheen to the walnut - do you polish it?

The pickup surround is from Rickysounds,very expensive for what it is but worth it I think,it finishes it off nicely.

Lol no I have never polished it,it's definitely a matt finish,just the photo makes it look that way.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2019 at 21:19, Skinnyman said:

Mrs S made the basic error of leaving me on my own with time to kill in Nottingham for the afternoon.

They had this....

a) that it is medically necessary as the binding on a 4003 is a bit sharp on the forearm, and

Oh, and;

c) it is bloody lovely.

Mrs S did the rolly eyes thing until I mentioned (b) then she understood why i had to get it.

Of course, I've broken my one-in-one-out rule so expect some major activity in the marketplace shortly.

Oh, and;

d) if you drop something on the laminate floor and take a chunk out of it you can saw a couple of inches off the finger board to patch it up with. 

• Haha 6

On 07/11/2019 at 21:19, Skinnyman said:

They had this....

Oh, and;

c) it is bloody lovely.

Weeeell….I MIGHT be!

Ya see the problem is there's not much call for Kidney these days.

Besides it's the wrong colour....Now if it wor orange then maybe I could go a bit higher but as it is pall  yud ave ta pay me tu tek it off yer ands.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Heathy said:

What's that thing on the pickguard above the neck pickup. Is it a removable thumb rest?

It’s my not-patented thumbrest what I modelled in clay. And which I gave to my mate who used the CAD modelling and 3D printing kit in which his company has invested thousands over the years to produce a couple for me.

Thats the other reason for buying the new bass. I had a thumbrest with no bass attached to it 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2