StormyLukeJ

Moon JJ Bass 4 . FS of FT
£1000
Hertfordshire

Hello All,

This really is an initial feeler.

I picked up this wonderful Moon JJ 4 from the Bass Gallery in Camden in August this year and I’m only considering trading/ selling it due to financial reasons.

its an incredibly lovely sounding bass guitar however it is pretty heavy. It was set up with flats upon purchasing and they are now worn in nicely.

in truth I don’t know too much about it, when purchasing it the guys at the Gallery believed it was old (80’s) however not too much more info than that.

I am interested in trading for a lower value Jazz Bass (4 strings only please) and cash my way. Interested to hear offers and happy to answer questions!

5BEEBF35-3E50-4130-AD99-0F8895E651CE.jpeg

11E9E5D1-D580-45CD-848A-74FDBEA6B54A.jpeg

7F649F78-D518-420A-8E40-C3FEF6385C65.jpeg

31125C2E-58B7-4935-B6DD-3DDF5F9D9579.jpeg

• Like 3

I’ll see if I can get a weight.

to be honest didn’t know the pickups weren’t original. I’ve never seen pickups like them before. They sound superb 

Weight is around 12lbs

as mentioned I was not aware of the pickups. I bought it as this 3 months ago. You can see the info on the Bass Gallery’s website 

4 hours ago, StormyLukeJ said:

I’ll see if I can get a weight.

to be honest didn’t know the pickups weren’t original. I’ve never seen pickups like them before. They sound superb 

those are standard 80's Moon Pickups.  They're original.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pierreganseman said:

Hi Pierre,

thanks for the info! It’s difficult to find info about them!

cheers 

4 hours ago, pierreganseman said:

I very much doubt they the original Moon pickups. I could be totally wrong. 😆I thought they used Barts in the 80s Moon Jazz basses. Why would they route them like that unless the casings are missing.Lovely bass though.

Edited by bubinga5

I can say quietly that those pills you ride are original I have had several Moons that have the same ones for low passives. It's bad not knowing what their name is. A bass demolition in sound without a doubt and beautiful but very heavy to play long sessions. It's from the early '80s. Victor Baley was wearing one and so was Larry Graham. Luck with the sale I love the Moons 

22 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

I very much doubt they the original Moon pickups. I could be totally wrong. 😆I thought they used Barts in the 80s Moon Jazz basses. Why would they route them like that unless the casings are missing.Lovely bass though.

they're original. I've sold many Moon's like that over the years through my store. 

that bass is very very early 80's.

• Like 2

I’m sure I’ll regret it but it has to go.

just for info I’ve removed the pickguard and there’s no damage underneath (apart from the screw holes)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By davidak
      Up for sale is one of my Joes - Beautiful 2009 shoreline gold, alder body, rosewood fingerboard on quartersawn maple neck. Perfect condition, common players wear.
      Rare white Lakland OHSC.
      Bass is located in Czech Republic and EU shipping is included in the price.

• By TAzMilitello
      NOW PRICE DROP to 1400£ for this great 4 strings MERIDIAN JB EVOLUTION EXOTIC, Made in Italy, 34", Kaya mahogany body with ziricote top and tiger maple neck with congo ebony fretboard.  It comes with Rolling's soft case, and new D'Orazio strings 0.40-1.00! It has original Meridian Trinity active/passive on board preamp and Delano JSBC 4 HE pickups. Everything as shown in the photo link. It has also a removable ebony finger ramp beetween the pickups and matched wood knobs. Really big sounds and so really comfortable!
      Mainly I prefer to sell without trades!
      Photo of bass 😉📸: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G4NjNoEMFbjBwitMp5SVmZEp1vW3ZDGl
      Foreign Currency: about payments different from the Euros currency you can pay by clicking using this ►Transferwise bank transfer◄ link.
      Setup by an expert luthier, wonderfully resonant woods, perfectly functional, really good conditions!

ABOUT SHIPPING:
      Bass is located in Italy (Sicily). No problems for international fast shipping (following prices including shockproof packaging):
      To Italy: 30€ (1/2 working days) To Ireland/Great Britain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To Germany and Austria: 45€ (3/4 working days) To Spain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To France: 65€ (4/5 working days) To Lithuania: 75€ (4/5 working days) To Romania: 80€ (4/5 working days) To Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands: 65€ (3/4 working days) To Czech Republic (CZ): 80€ (4/5 working days) To USA and Canada: 110€ (6/8 working days)
    • By foxtrott
      Pricedrop 2.900 € open for offers => I'm looking for a Le Fay Remington Steele 6 String
      The bass is in good condition, technically tiptop, with usual optical used tracks (on the back of the body) and on the top plate smaller things, which I captured in the photos as best as possible.
      The tone and response is extremely direct and resonant. The playability very comfortable.
      Specs: 2006 Jerzy Drozd Obsession Excellency 6 Strings 35" Scale 24 Frets Etimoe Body Zebrawood Top 3 Piece Maple Neck 7 Screws Bolt-on Maple Neck Ebony Fretboard Matching Headstock Two pieces Jerzy Drozd Bridge Two Jerzy Drozd Single Coils Pickup Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp 18mm strings spacing, possible to up to 19mm or down to 16.5mm. 9mm at nut Ebony Nut Asymetrical D Neck Controls : Volume/Blend/Bass/Medium 400hz or 800hz/Treble Trussrod : One double-acting fully working Weight : 4.4kg Machine heads : Gotoh Controls Knobs : Wood, maple and Zebrawood.  

• By cetera
      PRICE DROP!! - Was £350, £325, £300, £275.... now just £250!

VISA card needs paying back so here we have my fantastic original Japanese made (late 80's) Fernandes Ltd Edition PJ60 Bass in eye-catching bold red.
      Basswood body
      Maple bolt-on neck
      Rosewood board
      Black hardware
      FGI active P/J pickups & preamp (like EMGs) for every tone you could possibly require!
      Vol/Bal/Treb/Bass controls
      Usual fantastic Japanese build quality. This is no entry level instrument - feels, plays & sounds great in any professional environment. A crazily good bass and an absolute bargain!!

This instrument is in fantastic condition with just a few very light dings and plays beautifully. Very slim and playable neck and a wide tonal palette. It sounds hugely resonant unplugged (always a good sign!) and this is continued when plugging in!

I'll be sad to see it go & only selling to clear some debt so not looking for any trades/offers. Bass is located in Guildford/Woking area and I can courier at buyers expense (prob approx £30-£40) or can meet in South East England for petrol. Payment by cash, bank transfer or Paypal (you pay all fees) only please.

Please see my extensive positive feedback record for assurance of a smooth and honest transaction.
    • By deanovw
      For sale a 1984 Squier JV Jazz bass. It looks to be complete and original as far as I can see. It is road worn. It has been gigged hard and has signs of this all over. If you like the worn look mojo then you will love this.
      It plays great and is set up with a nice low action. Please ask any questions and if you want any more pics then no problem. I am based in Exeter and I am happy for people to try it out. Unfortunately I don't have a spare hard case atm so shipping is not recommended. It will come with a gig bag.
      The price is £850 collected from Exeter. I could possibly meet within a reasonable distance from Exeter if that was helpful.
      Have a look at the pics and message me if genuinely interested.
      Will consider trades with Fender Jazz basses either way.