Why become a member? ×

NBD Fender Jazz Elite 5

leschirons

7 hours ago, leschirons said:

Most suppliers call it satin jade pearl when it has the tort pick guard  but I've seen it listed as "champagne pearl" when it has the white pearl guard.

I am turning jade with envy just looking at this. Great buy.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chopthebass said:

That's the colour I wanted, but got impatient and got a sunburst instead. Very nice to play. But I will be changing the pickups and preamp at some point.

I know it's  all down to preference but why are you changing the pups and preamp?  I must admit, I'm perfectly happy with the originals so I'll keep it like that, just curious as to what you don't like about them.

8 hours ago, leschirons said:

I know it's  all down to preference but why are you changing the pups and preamp?  I must admit, I'm perfectly happy with the originals so I'll keep it like that, just curious as to what you don't like about them.

I also have an elite (a white one) and love the stock preamp/pickup configuration. Loads of tonal range. Only thing i'm not overly keen on is the pick up blend which doesn't seem to have any subtlety to it.

Edited by Sandypjb
Extra info
  • Like 1

On 07/11/2019 at 09:47, leschirons said:

Most suppliers call it satin jade pearl when it has the tort pick guard  but I've seen it listed as "champagne pearl" when it has the white pearl guard.

I have been gassing hard for a Satin Jade Pearl Jazz V with the tort guard but, alas, they seem to be out of production and impossible to find anywhere other than the US (and even then it’s a struggle)

One day...

4 hours ago, CameronJ said:

I have been gassing hard for a Satin Jade Pearl Jazz V with the tort guard but, alas, they seem to be out of production and impossible to find anywhere other than the US (and even then it’s a struggle)

One day...

One will turn up at some point I'm sure.

21 hours ago, leschirons said:

One will turn up at some point I'm sure.

I’m beginning to think that none were ever sold sold in the UK and that they were always marked as “in stock with supplier” with most retailers. There seems to be zero trace of them existing on this side of the pond! I’ll keep my fingers crossed but will probably just spec something similar (ish) as a custom order from Dingwall next year xD

17 hours ago, CameronJ said:

I’m beginning to think that none were ever sold sold in the UK and that they were always marked as “in stock with supplier” with most retailers. There seems to be zero trace of them existing on this side of the pond! I’ll keep my fingers crossed but will probably just spec something similar (ish) as a custom order from Dingwall next year xD

When I bought this, the seller handed me a copy of the original sales receipt with his name and address on to prove it was his. It came from Andertons Music in Guilford if that's any help

On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 16:26, leschirons said:

The pickup pan is useless. Its more like a three way switch in the way it operates! The passive sound is great, but I am finding the back pickup sound in active mode too brittle. I plan to try some Lollars with an East or Sadowsky preamp. Maybe even a Noll as they sound identical in active or passive mode.

Not wanting to hijack, but..............

My Black/Maple Elite IV had a Ki0gon passive stack knob set up installed, with a series/parallel switch. Not only does it play beautifully but, for me, it just sounds wonderful, organic, versatile and just soooo smooth when needed.

• Like 2

On 13/11/2019 at 21:43, karlfer said:

Not wanting to hijack, but..............

My Black/Maple Elite IV had a Ki0gon passive stack knob set up installed, with a series/parallel switch. Not only does it play beautifully but, for me, it just sounds wonderful, organic, versatile and just soooo smooth when needed.

So is your bass simply passive now or do you retain an active mode?

On 16/11/2019 at 21:30, karlfer said:

Simply passive, two stacked vol/tone, plus series/parallel micro switch.

Is that micro switch on the control plate?

Edit: Just realised there's already a micro switch on the Elite control plate

Edited by Graham