Why become a member? ×

The SPECTOR Shorty bass - Short Scale PJ pickups - USA made. REDUCED £1450 *ON HOLD*
£1650
Farnham, Surrey

jaccjazz

PRICE REDUCED TO £1450.00

I bought this some time ago from bass-chatter Grantd. I love this bass and am reluctant to let it go. However something needs to go to raise some money for another project.

The Spector Shorty was originally designed for Garry Tallent of Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band. These are among the nicest short scale basses you can buy. And this one is especially so with the dark quilted maple body.

The bass has a special neck design by bassist Doug Wimbish using a narrower nut than the original. This gives it even better playability. This is also in line with most other short scale basses I have owned. The bass is in as-new condition having never been gigged.

• Original Spector NS curved body style
  • Quilted maple with satin finish
  • 30 3/8" scale, 22 frets,
  • Deep Socket Neck Insert for maximum sustain and stability
  • Graphite Reinforced 3pc Bolt on Rock Maple Neck
  • Pau Ferro Fingerboard, 16" radius 
  • Brass nut width 1.5"
  • Black Hardware, Custom Hipshot A style Brass Bridge
  • Gotoh GB70 Tuners
  • Dunlop Straplocks.
  • Body: Lightweight Swamp ash
  • Satin finish
  • Aguilar PJ pickups
  • Aquilar OBP3 active preamp
  • Controls: bass, treble, mid (with push/pull frequency select), volume, volume 
  • Weight - 3.7kg
  • Comes with robust Fusion gig bag.

Can be picked up from Farnham, or I can ship with full insurance for another £70.00.

Since Evil-bay are currently offering a £1 final value fee, I’ve put on it on there too.

Flat Back Body.jpg

Flat front body.jpg

Flat Full Back angle.jpg

Flat Full front.jpg

Front Full down.jpg

Head Back up.jpg

Head Front up.jpg

Upright front body.jpg

Bass in Case.jpg

Case.jpg

Edited by jaccjazz
Couple more pics
  • Like 8

Fantastic basses with superb playability and fat, tight tone (well, with the EMGs, I can't comment on the Aguilars).  Superb design and build quality is excellent - everything is entirely solid.  Very comfortable to play with real attention to ergonomics.  As a short-scale player, I doubt any prospective purchaser would be disappointed - a really high-end bass in a relatively diminutive package

• Like 1