Why become a member? ×

Fender US Standard 2014 vs 62 Reissue (2009ish) P Bass

BassApprentice

Hi all, 

Question for those more knowledgeable of P basses. I'm selling my 2014 US Standard P Bass and a buyer has asked me how closely it relates to a 62 Reissue with this video attached. 

I don't really know how to reply so if anyone could help I would really appreciate it! 

Attached photo is my 2014 US Standard 

IMG_20190920_135203.jpg

Edited by BassApprentice

I'd imagine it differs as follows:

63 reissue probably has vintage frets, 7.25" radius fretboard, big vintage-style tuners, a simpler vintage bridge, probably vintage-spec pickups and possibly a nitro paint job.

2014 USA will have medium jumbo frets, 9.5" radius fretboad, the modern tuners, high-mass bridge, and poly-based paint job.

I can't tell from the pics, but the 62 might have a wider nut than the 2014, whereas the USA might have a slightly narrower nut, but chunkier neck than the 62 (purely on my experience of USA Standard Fenders v vintage ones)

So not that similar, other than them both being Fender Precision basses.

I guess it depend what your buyer is after.

• Thanks 1

The 2014 will also have rolled edges on the fingerboard, graphite-reinforced neck plus string-through body (high mass bridge can accommodate both conventional back-of-bridge stringing and through body).  

Probably a technically better bass, but if you’re into the vintage vibe, you’re into the vintage vibe...   A worn sunburst nitrocellulose vintage P is a thing of beauty.

• Like 2