Left leaderboard
cetera

NAD - Gallien Krueger GK Legacy 800

Thanks to my new GK endorsement I've just received one of the first GK Legacy800's to hit the UK! Can't wait to give this amp a good workout thru my 2x12. It sounded great when I demo'd it a few weeks back.... 😉

Also picked up an SKB 12x12 soft case to carry it in 🙂

20191104_112657.jpg

• Like 3

Tried one out at London Bass show in September.  Nice build quality, sounded really awesome (given the general cacophony of all the slappers around me). Await your verdict and review with great interest. I really dont need anymore bass heads, but this one just might find its way into the arsenal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cetera said:

Thanks to my new GK endorsement I've just received one of the first GK Legacy800's to hit the UK! Can't wait to give this amp a good workout thru my 2x12. It sounded great when I demo'd it a few weeks back.... 😉

As above, eagerly await your impressions of this amp. I love GK stuff, so hope it's going to be mega!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Congrats on both points, new endorsement and new amp.

+1 ^^ :) 

• Thanks 1

Really curious in hearing how that sounds!

I'm a proud owner of a GK MB Fusion 800 and absolutely love it but I'd love to see if the full-solid state GK Legacy offers something different.

• Like 1

I could not wait any longer and bought a legacy in an US-online store. Here I have written down my impressions after about 5 weeks of use. KLICK

Sorry, unfortunately only in German.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, disssa said:

I could not wait any longer and bought a legacy in an US-online store. Here I have written down my impressions after about 5 weeks of use. KLICK

Sorry, unfortunately only in German.

What a fantastic presentation for your review - very professional! 

Would it be possible to use Google translate or similar for us 'useless' English speakers who have not mastered German?

16 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Would it be possible to use Google translate or similar for us 'useless' English speakers who have not mastered German?

My phone translated it automatically.  Google translate will work as well.  

That's a very insightful and well produced review. Alle Achtung!

Thank you very much for your praise!

7 hours ago, Al Krow said:

I'm looking for someone who translate my reviews. Unfortunately my english is not good enough. And "google translator" makes too many mistakes.

If something is not understood, please ask me! I will try to answer questions.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sambass1982
      Here is My Full Live Bass Rig What I have for Sale; 

Warwick LWA 1000 (Warwick Gigbag + speakON to 1/4 Jack) SOLD Gallien Krueger 410 MBE-II Bass Cab  Thon Rack 5U Eco 40 flightcase SOLD  Thon Rack Tray 2U 35cm Pedal Draw Korg Pitchblack Pro Rackmount Tuner (Korg PSU) Darkglass B7K Bass Preamp Pedal SOLD Darkglass Super Symmetry SOLD Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor (With Box) Planet Wave Patch Cables  
      If you need any Information regarding it, Then feel free to Throw me a Message.

• By Soledad
      Bought about a year ago, gigged about 6 times when I had a loud drummer to deal with. Haven't used it for a while (switched to a small GB cab) so it needs to go.
      Dimensions (inches): 18.5 (D) x 23.5(W) x 26.5 (H)
      Impedance: 4 Ohms
      Weight: 29 Kg
      Power: 800W (GK site says 1000; input plate says 800). 
      Drivers: 4 x 10" GK Neos, plus HF with dial attenuation on input plate
      4 x factory fitted castors (the tough kind that don't bend) 
      Condition is near new (see pics). All drivers really as new, never driven close to hard (it's a very loud cab as the drummer discovered). Roqsolid cover also very good condition, just been in and out of a car a few times. 
      I do honestly rate this cab very highly - I've used 410s for years as the cab of choice and never heard a better one. It's ported so there is an abundance of bottom-end available, the mids are really clear and forward, and I turn the horn down to about 1/4 as it has a crazy amount of top if required. I ran it with a GB 900 and always backed bass off a bit, and low mids up a little. Never got the amp past tickover.
      There's bi-amp input option. If you happen to see a thread about this cab on TB (less than complimentary) I and several others do not know what the guy was doing but may have had the cab switched bi-amp by mistake. With a decent head and set full-range, this cab sounds just the way a really good neo 410 should. I'll miss it, but I can't keep everything (apparently).
      Don't want to attempt to ship this, sorry.
      TRADES: I really should sell this but may possibly be tempted by a high-end small cab. I'm thinking 210 or similar, Vanderkley, Bergantino, why. Also wondering about a PJB 47 or similar. But wifey says cash, just so we're all clear about this.

• By simonroberts788
      Nicknamed The Planet Destroyer, this dreamy cab produces an extremely pleasing warm and thick tone. It's a sealed, infinite baffle cabinet with no ports, like the Ampeg fridges, which means you're just getting the pure sound of the speakers with no flappy woof. Moving it around is actually fine - you just tip it back and wheel it around - I replaced the casters with equivalent heavy duty types as the originals were shot. It's easy to get into the car too - just wheel it up to the tailgate, tip it up and slide it in. You'll need a bandmate to help you get it up the back stairs of the venue, but that would still be the case with a 4x10 and this obviously sounds twice as big!! Having speakers up at chest height is just great for monitoring too. There's something magical about the feeling of it behind you - it doesn't need to be that loud, it just moves so much air. Fall in love with the bass again!! All original speakers, GK bi-amp feature, horn attenuator. This cab is literally indestructible. Only selling as i've just got a GK Neo 412 as I fancied a change. The 8x10 is warmer and thicker but the 4x12 is just a bit smaller and lighter.
      I'd prefer collection from St Agnes in Cornwall but if you can arrange shipping then go for it. Shiply can be very reasonable for stuff like this. When I bought it the shipping was £50. You can even come and try it with your head at my rehearsal space.

• By Si600
      One well used and slightly modified GK 212MBE.
      It's the 8 Ohm, 600w one. Previous to my purchasing it from on here the silver grill had been painted black. Personally, I preferred it.
      It is located in Germany, so I don't expect to get much interest, shipping to dear old Blighty is in the order of £115 to £130.
      It's a bit scruffy and AFAIK it all works.