Why become a member? ×

New Flea book

Burns-bass

I've recently finished reading it and found it to be an excellent book, I was also expecting more about the Chilli Peppers but he certainly had a full on childhood/adolescence.

I'm not a particular fan of the Chilli Peppers but I do like to read about most forms band/music.

I'd recommend it.

• Like 1

Finished my copy this week. Yes, it only goes up to the Chili's very first gig, but the ride Flea takes us on through his childhood makes for great reading. You certainly get to see why he is the way he is. The chapters are quite short and concise; each one a short adventure within the whole story, but he gets a lot of detail in.

The audiobook version is read by the man himself. :)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Grassie said:

Finished my copy this week. Yes, it only goes up to the Chili's very first gig, but the ride Flea takes us on through his childhood makes for great reading. You certainly get to see why he is the way he is. The chapters are quite short and concise; each one a short adventure within the whole story, but he gets a lot of detail in.

The audiobook version is read by the man himself. :)

Yeah the audiobook is excellent, you get to hear the emotion at certain times, its a cool listen. I do love Flea!

• Like 1

On 13/02/2020 at 12:33, Bass Fumbler said:

I've recently finished reading it and found it to be an excellent book, I was also expecting more about the Chilli Peppers but he certainly had a full on childhood/adolescence.

I'm not a particular fan of the Chilli Peppers but I do like to read about most forms band/music.

I'd recommend it.

I’d definitely recommend it too. I know virtually nothing about RHCP but Flea can really write, and tells the story of his crazy early years in a brilliantly compelling way.

Viv Albertine and Patti Smith’s autobiogs are also great in the same kind of way. :)

Edited by tedmanzie
  • Like 1