Why become a member? ×

Berg HG310 - a 112 killer?

Al Krow

Yeah the cabs sims aren’t as extensive but you’ll find one the covers the basics and it’ll sound ‘better’ than a direct DI for your purposes. You may be able to get others from third party but I’m not aware of seeing many berg cab sims.

8 hours ago, krispn said:

Yeah the cabs sims aren’t as extensive but you’ll find one the covers the basics and it’ll sound ‘better’ than a direct DI for your purposes. You may be able to get others from third party but I’m not aware of seeing many berg cab sims.

I'm guessing the preloaded ones will already include a DG 410 cab, which as you say covers the basics. 

7 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Can you load 3rd party IR’s in to the amp?

I think you can indeed go a hunting for this stuff. But I suspect that, in practice, the difference between one cab sim and another for a "bit of bass" going through a 10" speaker PA mix is going to be fairly marginal. 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Al Krow said:

I'm guessing the preloaded ones will already include a DG 410 cab, which as you say covers the basics. 

I think you can indeed go a hunting for this stuff. But I suspect that, in practice, the difference between one cab sim and another for a "bit of bass" going through a 10" speaker PA mix is going to be fairly marginal. 

Bit like one bass cab or another sat in the backline supporting the PA

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

Bit like one bass cab or another sat in the backline supporting the PA

Exactly! And actually likely to be considerably less of a difference than even that, if its only a "bit of bass" going through the PA which is what has been recommended. And IMO quite different to a bass cab alone delivering the bass, which was the starting point for me on this thread. 

Edited by Al Krow