Why become a member? ×

New Fender Lineup

Cuzzie

Well, can't say I'm disappointed since I didn't expect much.

But it honestly looks that this series is a DOWNGRADE from the American Elite.

The compound neck radius AND the contoured neck heel were already present on the Elite so not sure why they brag so much about it on the video...The only "new" thing is the hi-mass bridge which honestly isn't even an upgrade since the bridge on the Elites was quite solid.

And what the f u c k are up with these new colours? Seriously I know tastes are personal but those look dull as hell. The old American Elite colours were MUCH better.

I'm not even a Fender hater and I don't blame them for not innovating since their userbase is pretty much as close-minded as it goes but they could've at least tried. Their Elite series is supposed to be modern and innovative. Instead it's re-branded with the same old stuff and made worse with disappointing colours.

See you in 3 years for the American Royal series (or something like that).

Edited by kyuuga
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kyuuga said:

Well, can't say I'm disappointed since I didn't expect much.

But it honestly looks that this series is a DOWNGRADE from the American Elite.

The compound neck radius AND the contoured neck heel were already present on the Elite so not sure why they brag so much about it on the video...The only "new" thing is the hi-mass bridge which honestly isn't even an upgrade since the bridge on the Elites was quite solid.

And what the f u c k are up with these new colours? Seriously I know tastes are personal but those look dull as hell. The old American Elite colours were MUCH better.

I'm not even a Fender hater and I don't blame them for not innovating since their userbase is pretty much as close-minded as it goes but they could've at least tried. Their Elite series is supposed to be modern and innovative. Instead it's re-branded with the same old stuff and made worse with disappointing colours.

See you in 3 years for the American Royal series (or something like that).

If it’s a Royale with cheese, that’s the cornerstone of any nutritious bass collection

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bartelby said:

Well the tag line is:

NEVER PLAY A FENDER THE SAME WAY AGAIN.

They must have seen my post here yesterday and Gibson'ed all the lefty basses they were going to sell as a big flip you to me. Makes sense if Bono is on their board with all the things I've said about him over the years... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ezbass said:

To paraphrase messrs Townshend & Daltrey, meet the new bass, same as the old bass. Mind you, is anyone really surprised?

Even worse. They removed the truss rod adjustment at the end of the neck (Musicman style). The best thing about the Elite was that. And they removed it. Yep...

28 minutes ago, kyuuga said:

Do you guys like that shade of blue? I honestly think Fender has the best blue colours in the market (Daphne, Lake Placid, Tidepool, etc) but that blue just looks horrid to me. It looks...soul-less? It's how I'd describe it.

I’ve seen a few decent shots of it, it’s a nice metallic.

LPB always wins for me.

3 hours ago, Drax said:

From what we know, they’re still in ok financial shape and own about 25% of the market, so they’re doing something right. Possibly we, the vocal BC minority aren’t their target market. 

It’s natural they’re going to be paralysed by past success (and Gibsons mis steps), and terrified of cannibalising existing business. Their ‘configurator’ is a joke next to anyone else’s. There’s obviously a plan behind all this. 

Shame we can’t see their financials, be interesting to see what they make where. 

I think they make a huge amount of money on the Squiers. So many people start playing but give up, they’re probably selling squiers at a ration of 5 - 1 to US Strats.

The Fender group has Jackson and Charvel covering the shredders and the metal fans and Gretsch to cover the (dare I say it) Gibson style solid bodies and semi-hollow market.

Their Fender branded guitars are never going to stray too far from the traditional models that people expect.

Apart from anything else whenever they try a bit of departure from the classics, from the Katana and the Performer to the Dimension, it inevitability flops.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 2