Why become a member? ×

New Fender Lineup

Cuzzie

Hmm, a new name and some finishes I would think. I would guess that there is more innovation on the guitar side than the bass end and that Fender will develop some kind of 'Super Strat' incorporating high output pickups (the 'Shawbuckers' screamed like hell at higher gain levels) and a flatter shred radius, basically borrowing from their Charvel sub-brand. 

In terms of the bass side , I just expect a couple of different colours, perhaps a 'new and improved' compound radius and a bunch of marketing videos with some social media influencers. 

Edited by thodrik

I can imagine what kind of developments I would like to see on the American Performer Mustang bass:

The Jazz pickup looks awful - its too big - this could be replaced with a strat-sized pickup (like the cool rails enclosed humbucker I have on a musicmaster) - perhaps with bits at the side like a jazz to mount it or a chrome surround / extended bridge plate.

Stacked vol/tone pots for each pickup so the jack socket can go where it belongs on the control plate.

Ditch the greasebucket circuit

Same lightweight tuners but with Lollipop paddles

Classic mustang colours - Candy Apple red, Daphne blue

"You'll never play a guitar the same way again.." or words to that effect. 

The new range is going to be entirely left handed with just one shitty bottom of the range right hander in black only with no options. A small recompense from years of neglecting left handers. That's it, if you want one you have to play it upside down. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Elite being replaced with 'Ultra'. A lot of the changes are re: neck profile/radii and new generation pickups. It's not very exciting re: the bass stuff, but the guitars have quite a few super-strat type features. Nothing to be excited for us I'm afraid (if you're me at least!)

On 03/11/2019 at 22:31, thodrik said:

Hmm, a new name and some finishes I would think. I would guess that there is more innovation on the guitar side than the bass end and that Fender will develop some kind of 'Super Strat' incorporating high output pickups (the 'Shawbuckers' screamed like hell at higher gain levels) and a flatter shred radius, basically borrowing from their Charvel sub-brand. 

In terms of the bass side , I just expect a couple of different colours, perhaps a 'new and improved' compound radius and a bunch of marketing videos with some social media influencers. 

This is pretty much spot on!