Why become a member? ×

Trading protocol

steviedee

Hi chaps never traded anything and am notionally thinking of putting the feelers out to trade a fretted bass and see if someone has the same bass but fretless they are looking to trade. I’m not remotely interested in selling. Do I put it i the bass for sale section?

thanks in advance!

When trading you have to put trust in the person you're trading with, especially if you're doing the trade by post rather than meeting up..I've always said that if somebody was unhappy with an item I've sold or traded I would undo the deal...my reputation on this forum is too important to throw away over one transaction. I think that many here have the same attitude.

Fortunately most on this forum are trustworthy and you can trade with confidence. I would check the Feedback thread if I had any reservations.

As for where to place your ad...PM Ped or one of the other Mods for advice.

29 minutes ago, steviedee said:

Hi chaps never traded anything and am notionally thinking of putting the feelers out to trade a fretted bass and see if someone has the same bass but fretless they are looking to trade. I’m not remotely interested in selling. Do I put it i the bass for sale section?

Yes, and just put "trade only" or similar in the title/description.