Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Chowny SWB Pro **Price Drop £475**Open To Offers**
£550
Billingham TS23

Graham A

Hi,

After purchasing this Chowny SWB Pro off @whynot at the beginning of October i have made the decision that short scale isn't for me, so have made the decision to move it on.

I haven't gigged with it, but it has been gigged by it's previous owner, and is in very good condition with no visible dings or dents. 

It is currently strung through the bridge with very light gauge strings, as opposed to through the body. I also have the heavier gauge strings that it came off the production line with courtesy of @whynot which are included in the sale.

With it being strung through the bridge when i received the bass the string retainers on the back of the bass had been removed & put in a bag. I have put them back in to take the photo's but I will do the same if i need to ship. I suspect the previous owner did this to prevent them being lost. 

I know at the present time Chowny have suspended making left handed models, as i made an enquiry at the beginning of September, & looking at the Chowny website you still cannot order left handed models. So grab yourselves a bargain why you can.

The price includes shipping within the United Kingdom.

For collection i'll look at reducing the price to £450.

Thanks

Information from Chowny Website 

Dimensions

120 x 15 x 45 cm

Body Wood

Ash with Quilt Maple in Gloss or Matt Ash/Walnut

Neck

Five Piece Maple and Walnut

Fingerboard

Ebony

Scale Length

30.75"

Electronics

Active EMG 2 band EQ

Controls

Pickup Selector / Volume / Tone (passive), Pickup Selector / Volume / Bass / Treble (active)

Pickups

EMG Matching Jazz Set

Tuners

Wilkinson Chrome

IMG_20191102_131509354.jpg

IMG_20191102_131525095.jpg

IMG_20191102_131625819.jpg

IMG_20191102_131613186.jpg

IMG_20191102_131551620.jpg

Edited by Graham A
Sold

Yes this is my old (but as new) bass. Gigged a few times and well looked after. I may have considered buying this back but I ordered a short scale 5 string as planned. Graham is a top bloke to deal with and this bass is a pleasure to play and sounds fabulous.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You haven't been able to order a left handed SWB from Chowny since last summer, so to be honest i'm a bit surprised this is still up for sale. If you're looking for a short scale bass, look no further. 

Edited by Graham A

2 hours ago, whynot said:

If my Sire goes I may be tempted to buy this back if funds allow.

I may hold you to that Alan 😂😂 

To be honest i'm a bit surprised it's still here, It's a little beauty, just not for me.

There's a lefty one on Ebay where the seller's asking for £675, although it does have a case, so the one i'm selling must be a absolute bargain!! 😉 

• Like 1