Why become a member? ×

SOLD - ACG Uber spec Finn 5, Bubinga and Wenge
£2000
Kendal, UK

GreeneKing

I'm far from certain that I'm doing the right thing here. I had a couple of years off from even looking at a bass, due to band driven stress from all the mucking about with no gigs in sight. Thankfully my bass mojo returned and I'm starting to play with a bunch of like minded old fellas.

I'm only playing 4 string basses. I think that's where I'm comfortable and it fills my needs. My best bass by some degree has 5 strings hence my post here.

This bass is as it was purchased except for a filter pre amp one Mk up again (it was released as my bass came to fruition). It comes with a Hiscox case too.

It has a flat radius board, 18mm spacing and plays like a dream. Complex tones are available with the filter pre and 20 coils of pickup on hand. The bass even has a passive switch and a passive tone (batteries are required to power the pickups).

34" scale with a 7 piece neck that is ultra stable. I modelled the woods from my Warwick Thumb and it has that growl which is great. This bass has presence in spades...

It's no lightweight. It was never intended to be but I'm skinny and I find it sits well on a strap and balances perfectly.

If it doesn't sell I'm going to be working on my B string use... Original photos from Alan's site until I get some done in the next few days. It's not changed..

Peter

• Top Wood: Bubinga/Maple/Wenge
  • Body Wood: Wenge
  • Accent Veneer: Maple
  • Body Finish: Oil/Wax
  • Neck Wood: 7 piece Bubinga/Wenge
  • Fingerboard: Wenge
  • Scale: 34″
  • Head Plate: Bubinga/Maple, Back Plate: Bubinga/Maple and Heel: Bubinga/Maple
  • Neck Finish: Oil/Wax
  • Pickups: ACG MC5 Multi-Coils
  • Hardware details: ACG/Hipshot bridge, Gotoh GB350 Resolite tuners, Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks and DR Dragon Skin strings
  • Pre-amp: ACG EQ04 5K dual filter

Five.jpg

Four.jpg

One.jpg

Six.jpg

Three.jpg

Two.jpg

Edited by GreeneKing
  • Like 5

An update with reference the weight of this bass. It is 11.4lbs.

I've been away from the market for a while. Is it just me or has the price of 2nd hand basses recovered significantly in the past two years or so. Looking about I feel that I may have underpriced this top spec craftsman hand built bass.

Peter