Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR2405W. Anyone got one?

fretmeister

I just noticed these relatively new Ibby basses that have 18mm string spacing at the bridge. Much better for me than the usual 16.5mm the rest of the SR range has.

But I can't find any weight details - has anyone got one, and if so can you stick it on the scales so I can easily tell if I might find one light enough for me, or whether I should forget it?

ta

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, visog said:

Like you I tried their website: https://www.ibanez.com/usa/products/detail/sr2405w_1p_01.html

No weight but I looks like a saucy bass with interesting electronics!

It seems to be a SR Premium, with Ibby's standard 3 band EQ, active / passive switch, and semi para mids, which are just fantastic basses, but with two differences:

- 18mm string spacing 

- Aguilar pups instead of Nordstrand Big singles 

Personally I really like the 16.5mm and Nords on mine, but I can see that this 'W' version will appeal to a different audience of bass players. 

I can't imagine it will be that heavy - my SR Premium is a shade over 8 lbs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

I asked a guy on YouTube and his was 9.2 lb.

Too heavy for me, but if there are some 8lb ish ones there then I’m interested!

Actually makes sense it's 1 lb heavier than mine, likely to be a mixture of 'posher' woods plus (I'm guessing) a slightly wider neck to accommodate the greater string spacing.

Strange on the website, you can select one of its two colours, a brown and the other colour which doesn't seem particularly green to me.

Wouldn't be possible for me to have that. Partly because of the string spacing, but if I got the non brown one and someone asked me what colour it was, I would have to call it ' Caribbean Green (no more love on the run) " - which is too long.

• Haha 1

yes, mine is 9.2lbs in weight.....all seem to be 9-9.5 lbs.... it had a less than stella set-up when i bought it...way too much neck relief and the strings could be better.

Had to send the first one back as one of the neck screws had splintered through to the front of the bass!!!...

Anyways, had the bass setup by twincam of this very forum....the nut needed work, as the B and G string slots were too high, also needed a fret level and polish....now the bass plays very nicely!!....

Edited by ebenezer
  • Sad 1