Why become a member? ×

SOLD - MEC Warwick Rockbass 2-band preamp & pots
£30
Hove

Will bump this now and then until I lose the will to live ...

I have for sale the original, used-once 9v 2-band, four-pot electronic innards from a Warwick Rockbass Streamer NT.

NB: This came from a bass with active pickups. There's one used with passive pickups below. I can't discern any physical difference, but hey.

The part number is SP - RB125 and normally sells for a snadge over £50 plus postage from Germany.

Details here: https://shop.warwick.de/en/pickups/accessories-parts/bass-electronics/21366/active-electronic-for-passive-pus-vol-balmn250k-treble-bass  No longer available?

Controls are volume, pup blend, bass and treble. Knobs available should you need them.

Pots marked as follows (wire wraps are labelled): Volume Alpha A25kΩ; pup blend (M?)N250K; Treble B 50K; Bass none found, presumed covered in solder! Everything was removed by a proper luthier, not me. Electronics mystify me.

So on the off-chance you have a Rockbass with four holes, and a broken preamp, this is your replacement.

It's vaguely possible you might think of another use for it but I can't, and I won't hold my breath waiting for suggestions.

Price includes delivery. Fill your bootses.

IMG_3579.thumb.jpeg.95b3b7a272471ccf01bc05920bbd6be3.jpeg

IMG_3580.thumb.jpeg.326e12e438522f53e968d775561cf770.jpeg

Edited by nige1968
Details

• 1 year later...

Here's a second one I have available.

Just to clarify: The preamp above came on a bass with active pickups. Not sure I can detect a real-world difference, but this one here came off a passive-pup bass.

It includes a series/parallel/single coil toggle switch for the humbucker in a 'JazzMan' style pickup arrangement. There's no part number sticker on this one. Otherwise, I'm blowed if I can tell the difference, but did I mention that I know nowt about electronics?

(ignore the sticker on the bag, it's not related to the preamp).

IMG_4448.thumb.jpeg.b86f65c693767936cdba90bafab80edb.jpeg

It has the same 'Crystal Sound Co 2-band EQ' sticker as the other one, and the wires are wrapped with 'vol', 'treble' and 'bass' labels. Pots on treble and bass are stamped B50kΩ, while volume is marked Alpha A25kΩ and the balance MN250k. All pots except volume have centre detente. It was removed from a RockBass Infinity 5-string and includes the series/parallel/single coil toggle switch for the MusicMan-style pickup. The extraction was done by a proper luthier and it looks reasonably drop-innable, but I don't know electronics so don't quote me on that. Anything else you need to know, please shout.

Edited by nige1968

• 7 months later...
  • nige1968 changed the title to SOLD - MEC Warwick Rockbass 2-band preamp & pots
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic