Why become a member? ×

New 3Leaf Doom 2

Quatschmacher

11 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Wow, you are on a spree, aren’t you?

ummmm.....tip of the ice berg 😂😂😂

Joking aside electric is my first instrument but when I did my degree  I moved over to upright, which coincided with moving areas. Electric took a back seat for the last 10 plus years but recently developed some acts and eager to have a great sound for them. Also probably making up for the anguish of selling an amazing upright rig :( 

Your pretty on the case it was not online last night when I went to bed but came live over night :)

Edited by Bass-Face

32 minutes ago, Bass-Face said:

ummmm.....tip of the ice berg 😂😂😂

Joking aside electric is my first instrument but when I did my degree  I moved over to upright, which coincided with moving areas. Electric took a back seat for the last 10 plus years but recently developed some acts and eager to have a great sound for them. Also probably making up for the anguish of selling an amazing upright rig :( 

Your pretty on the case it was not online last night when I went to bed but came live over night :)

It popped up in my Facebook feed this morning. I was surprised as I thought the new Octabvre was coming first but I know Spencer ran into circuitboard problems with it so it is delayed.  

43 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

It popped up in my Facebook feed this morning. I was surprised as I thought the new Octabvre was coming first but I know Spencer ran into circuitboard problems with it so it is delayed.  

I know I was gutted I messaged Spencer about the You're Doom pedal and Octavre a couple fo days ago and the Octavre mkiii won't be out now until 2020. At the same time I found out about the new Doom 2 was launching and snapped it up. Now to wait for the new Mkiii Octavre. Did consider the mini but I want the sub feature of the larger octavre. 

40 minutes ago, Bass-Face said:

I know I was gutted I messaged Spencer about the You're Doom pedal and Octavre a couple fo days ago and the Octavre mkiii won't be out now until 2020. At the same time I found out about the new Doom 2 was launching and snapped it up. Now to wait for the new Mkiii Octavre. Did consider the mini but I want the sub feature of the larger octavre. 

Did you order direct from Spencer?

Any indication of when in 2020? It’s technically not that far off now.

I’m guessing you’ve already checked out the Source Audio C4 too, right?

Edited by Quatschmacher

5 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Did you order direct from Spencer?

I’m guessing you’ve already checked out the Source Audio C4 too, right?

Yes direct from Spencer. 

Yeah I looked at the C4 and deliberated quite a bit but felt the FI was more suited to my needs. Would also love the C4 but cannot justify that as well ha ha 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Nice board. The tuner may be redundant as you could use the one built into the FI.

I've not found the FI tuner to be that good / accurate thus far. So won't be replacing my other tuners unfortunately - would have been very handy if it could have done. 

15 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Nice board. The tuner may be redundant as you could use the one built into the FI.

Just have to add the Doom now to fill the board :0p n ot had chance to try to yet family are home and was playing last night. Didn't; the FI had a tuner and purchased the other one a couple of days ago will stick with it I think :)

The board sounds great but alot of noise when activating the MF101 in the chain :( blended with the FI it sounds epic though can;t wait to use the doom 2

Edited by Bass-Face

11 hours ago, Al Krow said:

I've not found the FI tuner to be that good / accurate thus far. So won't be replacing my other tuners unfortunately - would have been very handy if it could have done. 

How so? It’s what drives the pitch information for the synth so is pretty accurate. Remember that vibrating strings do vary in pitch depending on how hard they are struck. It’s definitely accurate enough for normal pitch variation in struck strings. 

31 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

How so? It’s what drives the pitch information for the synth so is pretty accurate. Remember that vibrating strings do vary in pitch depending on how hard they are struck. It’s definitely accurate enough for normal pitch variation in struck strings. 

It didn't give a stable or useful reading when I tried it out. Nowhere near as accurate with tuning pitch as e.g. my Zoom B1-4 or Stomp when I A/B'd them. I've now abandoned using the FI for tuning purposes.

Edited by Al Krow