Why become a member? ×

Hi from Lincoln

Pete33rd

Hi, I bought my bass about two months ago, a squier jazz, and have steadily been trying to learn stuff by the likes of queen, def leppard, bon jovi, guns n roses and other 80s rock bands with mixed success. Possibly a little old for starting out as I am in my 40s, but I am really enjoying learning.p

• Like 1

Agreed. I'm much older, and have come back to playing the bass after a ten-odd year break from music.

I'm a much better player now than I ever was before, which is largely due to the help and wisdom from the folks on this fine forum.

I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have (and still do).

Welcome to the jungle! (sorry, couldn't resist a GnR pun 😃)

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum!

Another member in Lincolnshire? Excellent - we can hold our very own Linc's Bass Bash (a Bass Bash is a bit like those gatherings of modified Japanese cars but with less tyre noise. And generally held indoors rather than a car park. In fact, the whole thing's less car and more bass. But there are donuts. Well, baked goods of all sorts, really).

Thinking about it, a Lincs BB might be a little ambitious. We could hold it in a lift somewhere.

But we're definitely heading towards an East Midlands event!

Anyway, welcome. Don't worry about the age thing. I started when i was fifty. There's a reason why gear has got lighter in recent years and it's directly correlated with the age of those who have to lug it around!

Me and Greefy are just up the road if you need anything 😁

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Skinnyman said:

Welcome to the forum!

Another member in Lincolnshire? Excellent - we can hold our very own Linc's Bass Bash 😁

@Pete33rd Beware of the SkinnyMan! :o

He is a wicked man and involved in all sorts of untoward activities in Cleethorpes and environs.

CleeChronic.thumb.jpg.2a50cd4a3cb3d6d9d39d71122a8cc2da.jpg

:D

Edited by Teebs
  • Haha 2

Welcome from the Mablethorpe area of our green and pleasant county. Im heading for 60 and loving being part of the driving force in our little band. You're merely a spring chicken at your age. If you ever see Revelry  advertised as playing in our county town, come along and say hi!!!

• 3 weeks later...