Jump to content
Left leaderboard
Highfox

Back in the Stingray camp.

Recommended Posts

 

Feeling happy :)

Been a while since a NBD for me, but traded an old P I wasn't using much for a natural 77 Stingray. It's a bit beaten up but plus nice.

Pics to follow tomorrow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Highfox said:

Pics to follow tomorrow.

The words that deflate a BCer more than any others, having seen the abbreviation NBD.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ezbass said:

The words that deflate a BCer more than any others, having seen the abbreviation NBD.

I can remedy that quick, but wanted to do the bass justice and not show my ugly mug :)

ray bass.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sort of back in the camp too - Modulus Flea/FU. Although I’m still looking at that 1990’s blueburst on here thinking i should definitely have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Highfox said:

Feeling happy :)

Been a while since a NBD for me, but traded an old P I wasn't using much for a natural 77 Stingray. It's a bit beaten up but plus nice.

You know it makes sense! ;)

Edited by Stingray5
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Never had a Ray, but the Gas grows everyday.

Congrats

 

I feel compelled to return the favour, but I'll show restraint

:D

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mcnach Seriously I don’t need egging on (!) and keep looking at the Stingray specials from their new line.

I remember trying out their range At the London Bass Guitar show a few years ago and was underwhelmed massively having almost been a dead very for a Caprice and Cutlass - fast forward now - and it’s hard, very hard to resist.

Anout the only thing stopping me (money aside which is a big stumbling block!) is being able to just about approximately get the ‘Ray’ sound with what I have and preamps etc.

But please keep poking the bear!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Highfox said:

I can remedy that quick, but wanted to do the bass justice and not show my ugly mug :)

ray bass.jpg

And you got Tony Levin to model it!! 

Edited by Steve Browning
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

@mcnach Seriously I don’t need egging on (!) and keep looking at the Stingray specials from their new line.

I remember trying out their range At the London Bass Guitar show a few years ago and was underwhelmed massively having almost been a dead very for a Caprice and Cutlass - fast forward now - and it’s hard, very hard to resist.

Anout the only thing stopping me (money aside which is a big stumbling block!) is being able to just about approximately get the ‘Ray’ sound with what I have and preamps etc.

But please keep poking the bear!!

 

The new line seems very nice. I have never played one yet (I'm afraid to! :D ) but as far as I can tell, it's still got the Stingray DNA despite the changes in the electronics, and a lightweight Stingray is very appealing (in addition, some of the new finishes are so preeetteeeeeee).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a new Special and can highly recommend you fellas get one too.

Mind you, I still love my 2014 Stingray.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Let’s both get one, then we are as bad as each other.

Simples

 

Nah, it's your turn now ;)

I'll keep playing my 2002 natural/maple one for now 😛

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcnach said:

 

The new line seems very nice. I have never played one yet (I'm afraid to! :D ) but as far as I can tell, it's still got the Stingray DNA despite the changes in the electronics, and a lightweight Stingray is very appealing (in addition, some of the new finishes are so preeetteeeeeee).

 

you really should try one. I was so impressed with the one I tried. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

you really should try one. I was so impressed with the one I tried. 

 

(fingers in ears)

na na naaa naa naaa I don't hear youuuu na  naana naaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mcnach said:

 

Nah, it's your turn now ;)

I'll keep playing my 2002 natural/maple one for now 😛

 

No fair- I may have to do the honourable thing, should the right thing come along....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcnach said:

 

(fingers in ears)

na na naaa naa naaa I don't hear youuuu na  naana naaa

It’s only wafer lightweight...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this is relevant to the thread but can anyone tell me if the neck profile of the 'Ray has changed with time ?

I ask because my '77 ( purchased in 77) was stolen in 2004,, and now fifteen years, and several instruments, later I have bought a '91. which I like very much but I don't know if my memory is not accurate any more, or my old hands are not as nimble, but it does not exactly feel like the neck from heaven I remember ! To my mind it feels a little fatter from nut to about fret four. OK splitting hairs I know, but I would like to know if the old skunk stripe profile was as I think I remember it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...