Why become a member? ×

Back in the Stingray camp.

Highfox

2 hours ago, Highfox said:

Feeling happy :)

Been a while since a NBD for me, but traded an old P I wasn't using much for a natural 77 Stingray. It's a bit beaten up but plus nice.

You know it makes sense! ;)

Edited by Stingray5
  • Like 1

@mcnach Seriously I don’t need egging on (!) and keep looking at the Stingray specials from their new line.

I remember trying out their range At the London Bass Guitar show a few years ago and was underwhelmed massively having almost been a dead very for a Caprice and Cutlass - fast forward now - and it’s hard, very hard to resist.

Anout the only thing stopping me (money aside which is a big stumbling block!) is being able to just about approximately get the ‘Ray’ sound with what I have and preamps etc.

But please keep poking the bear!!

31 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

@mcnach Seriously I don’t need egging on (!) and keep looking at the Stingray specials from their new line.

I remember trying out their range At the London Bass Guitar show a few years ago and was underwhelmed massively having almost been a dead very for a Caprice and Cutlass - fast forward now - and it’s hard, very hard to resist.

Anout the only thing stopping me (money aside which is a big stumbling block!) is being able to just about approximately get the ‘Ray’ sound with what I have and preamps etc.

But please keep poking the bear!!

The new line seems very nice. I have never played one yet (I'm afraid to! :D ) but as far as I can tell, it's still got the Stingray DNA despite the changes in the electronics, and a lightweight Stingray is very appealing (in addition, some of the new finishes are so preeetteeeeeee).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcnach said:

The new line seems very nice. I have never played one yet (I'm afraid to! :D ) but as far as I can tell, it's still got the Stingray DNA despite the changes in the electronics, and a lightweight Stingray is very appealing (in addition, some of the new finishes are so preeetteeeeeee).

you really should try one. I was so impressed with the one I tried. 

I don't know if this is relevant to the thread but can anyone tell me if the neck profile of the 'Ray has changed with time ?

I ask because my '77 ( purchased in 77) was stolen in 2004,, and now fifteen years, and several instruments, later I have bought a '91. which I like very much but I don't know if my memory is not accurate any more, or my old hands are not as nimble, but it does not exactly feel like the neck from heaven I remember ! To my mind it feels a little fatter from nut to about fret four. OK splitting hairs I know, but I would like to know if the old skunk stripe profile was as I think I remember it.