Why become a member? ×

DI Only Rig - Helix vs Sansamp + effects

jim_bass

On 04/01/2020 at 10:07, Skybone said:

So @jim_bass, what was the outcome of your experimentation?

I bought the bass pack for my Pod HD and finally tried it out this week. Loaded the SVT normal amp with the Big ampeg cabinet - default settings. Stuck a studio comp in front (again - default settings) and a drive (can’t remember which one! But I had to lower the output to get a nice drive boost when switched on without sounding too gritty). So drive -> comp -> SVT -> D.I. into mixer.

It sounded awesome! so much better than the old setting I had and well worth the spend.

I’ve not had chance to try the HX Stomp our yet but for now I’ll stick with the very impressive sounding pod sounds.

Also, that was into a cheap 15” monitor for foldback - looking forward to trying it with my new dual driver IEM’s!

Edited by jim_bass
  • Like 1

Get experimenting with the settings, you can get a nice growly sound without adding drive, leaving empty slots for other effects, and retaining all of the bass.

You can set up a dual signal path for more driven sounds, one side clean, the other dirty, then combine the two. You get a nice driven sound without losing the low end.

• Like 1