Left leaderboard
Groatsworth

TRADED - Warwick Dolphin 4 SN TCS - £1300 or Stingray trade
£1300
York, UK

For sale is my beloved Warwick Dolphin SN TCS 4 string (set neck, tone chamber system). I bought it in 2008 and it was my main bass until a couple of years ago. Only selling because I've gotten more traditional in my old age, and since buying a Precision, the Dolphin doesn't get enough play given its value. That, and because I'm buying a house. I'm sure it will make someone else just as happy as it has me.

Specs from the Warwick website below. I have recently upgraded the just-a-nut II to a just-a-nut III - it's simply better. The hooks on the side of the II had cracked, a fault to which they are prone. Strings are new and the set up is just as I like it (fairly low). There are some slight scratches (pictured) - most notably, one on the back and one on the truss rod cover. The afzelia body has a lovely tight grain and rich reddish colour. In all, it is in good condition and a great, fast player with versatile tones that are thick, rich and focused. It can come close to a Warwick Thumb with it's twin jazz bridge pickups, but can also get a great active jazz sound if you pull out the stacked eq pot switch for a single coil setting.

Ovangkol Neck - set in to body

Afzelia body - sandwich construction with tone chambers

Natural oil finish

Wenge fingerboard

34" Scale length

Nut width 1.5"

26 jumbo bronze frets

MEC Jazz pickup and twin jazz pickup.

MEC active electronics - stacked bass and treble.

Stacked pickup blend and master volume.

Both pots are pull out switches - one is active/passive, the other splits the double j for a single coil sound.

I would prefer collection from York, but would be happy to arrange delivery if required. I have a hard case I can ship it in.

Edit 14th November - now open to trade with the right Stingray. Ideally an Old Smoothie but would consider alternatives.

image.thumb.jpeg.3e14c2a8acbba47837d0822a76873bcc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b7d33ac40991a1266ad73fea1cf83ec7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2c20073cb7ae5aa809253cb60cce7e60.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.45a147bba0e670dd04ab229870032914.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.02d786fe0383ab844b968d90c0f0d112.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ac8f2a8e4b2dfd22b1465a31401c9fe0.jpeg

Edited by Groatsworth
  • Like 6

When I started playing again - ooh about 10 years ago - I bought one of these. It was the only Warwick that I've ever got on with. Beautifully balanced, great neck (though some prefer the fatter neck) it played like a dream.

I struggled finding a tone that I could stick with - would find one I loved, two weeks later I'd adjust something and found one I preferred. Found this frustrating - eventually sold it to a fella in Oz on the Warwick forum.

IIRC mine was more heavily grained/ figured - shouldn't be a deal breaker for an interested buyer.

GLWTS

3 hours ago, Groatsworth said:

because I'm buying a house

The exact reason I can't take this off your hands now, even though I've been coveting one for years 😩

Glwts, she's a beaut 👍🏻

On 27/10/2019 at 15:51, TheGreek said:

I struggled finding a tone that I could stick with - would find one I loved, two weeks later I'd adjust something and found one I preferred.

So it's TOO versatile? I actually know what you mean. Maybe why I like P basses so much now. For someone who is after a wide range of tweakable tones, it will be great. 

On 27/10/2019 at 18:10, DoubleOhStephan said:

The exact reason I can't take this off your hands now, even though I've been coveting one for years 😩 

But surely the only reason to buy a house is to fill it with basses? 

• Haha 2

Always wanted a Dolphin. I assume it's pretty heavy ? The two I tried were lovely but super heavy.

Edited by flippyfloop

4 hours ago, flippyfloop said:

Always wanted a Dolphin. I assume it's pretty heavy ? The two I tried were lovely but super heavy.

No, not super heavy. This model is chambered. I'm away from home this weekend, but happy to weigh as best I can on the bathroom scales when I get back.

On 31/10/2019 at 18:21, Groatsworth said:

But surely the only reason to buy a house is to fill it with basses? 

Haha yep, unfortunately the buying bit has hit the pocket hard 😜

1 hour ago, Groatsworth said:

No, not super heavy. This model is chambered. I'm away from home this weekend, but happy to weigh as best I can on the bathroom scales when I get back.

That would be great, Cheers.

On 03/11/2019 at 13:11, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

I bought a Warwick on  BC. It's nice , but  I wish it was this dolphin .
🐠

Room in your life for two Warwicks? 

• Haha 1

Now looking for a trade with the right stingray. Or the cash.

As much as I need the money, I'm not sure when I'd be in a position to justify spending as much on such a nice bass again.

7 hours ago, flippyfloop said:

Did you find out the weight ? Cheers.

9lbs. Sorry, I was discussing a trade - which didn't work out - and forgot I'd said I'd do this.

My bathroom scales also told me I need to start running again.

1 hour ago, vmaxblues said:

4 or 5 string stingray?

4 string please! I have a lovely Yamaha BB that satisfies my 5 string needs.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MDWagstaff
      Hi all, 
      For sale here is my Warwick Triumph Lite (Rockbass). It's hardly used but does have a couple of dings which I've included in the photographs. Comes with the body attachments. 
      Looking for £700 (oto) or maybe willing to trade for these basses:
      Yamaha BB of similar value
      Ibanez ATK 8 series (4 or 5 string) 
      Ibanez ATK700 with cash my way
      Price dropped from £700 to £650!
      Collection from Wigan or can meet within reason. 

• By TBBassist2011
      Hi all, 
      SALE PRICE: 600, 500 480 - SHIPPED. DETAILS BELOW. 
      TRADE ITEMS: No longer interested in trade items. 
      I'm listing my Warwick RockBass Star Bass 5 String for sale or for trade for particular items! I'm not quite sure the value of the RockBass model currently, but I'm aware of recent listings, as well as the basses value new from Andertons and Thomann etc. I bought the bass last year from someone who had looked after the bass very well, and hadn't had chance to gig the bass. I'd bought it for a country project, but it didn't work out, and in the end never got gigged - as such, it's been sat in my studio for the past 12 months untouched, mainly in it's hard case. It had fresh strings and a set up at the time, and of course has been kept well at the studio. The only damage to report was made by the previous owner, and is on the lower heel right at the top. It is a very very small paint chip, but of course is worth mentioning. 
      In the current situation, contact-less pickup is of course accepted, or I can courier this, either hard case or soft case. 
      The bass works and sounds perfect, electronics are in order and plays great. 
      Thanks!

• By alinbassplayer
      With a heavy heart i'm putting my 2001 Warwick SS1 5 string up for sale.
      When I got it 3 years ago it was in a dire situation in its original "finish", it was all scratched up and the previous owner just kept waxing without cleaning, so a lot of grime had built up, one of the original saddles was lost and had been replaced with a smaller one, and the jack plug only worked continuously in passive mode, active was interrupted.
      So i replaced the whole bridge, will provide the old one for parts, i think i still have the original knobs it came with but they were just a little more tarnished and had lost their shine.
      When i bought the bridge and measured everything I realized this is actually the broad neck version and not the normal one, i only had a rockbass to compare it to, and that's not a fair comparison.
      2 years ago i had it professionally refinished by one of the Crimson Guitars tutors. It is now in a lovely semi satin finish, and a nice red which i think actually enhances the flamed maple, we managed to cover and clean most of the scratches but some can still be seen.
      I have also installed recessed Dunlop straplocks but i can provide the original ones should anyone endeavour to install them back, i am not very skilled in woodwork and didn't want to screw it up.(get it?!)
      The preamp and pickups are original, preamp is 3 band active/passive and honestly the tone out of it is unbelievable.
      The neck is beautiful, a little on the thicc side, but feels very comfortable and compliments the looks and sound of the bass.
      Only selling as the addition of a new bass will basically mean this will not be used at all anymore.
      Original specs as per warwick serial no.
      G 085969-01 
      2001 Streamer Stage 1
      5 string
      Flamed maple AA body
      Flamed maple neck
      Natural oil finish(not any more)
      Gold hardware
      And i think the fretboard is Wenge but it's not mentioned on the specs.
      It has been my main war horse for the past 2 years so it has a few newer scars, all can be seen in the photos. I keep my action pretty high as i play in A tuning. It could do with a clean and maybe a setup. Strings are fairly recent D'Daddario nickels 135 and lower.
      Any questions let me know, not interested in trades, unless it's a 5 string fanned fret/headless/both. 
      Offers welcome as price is not fixed.
      I prefer collection only from Lewisham, London or around the South East London area.
      Will come with a Hiscox lifelite HSC.

• By warwickhunt
      Warwick Streamer LX bolt-on - 1997
      That time of the decade for me to have a clear out.
      Solid 2 piece centre jointed Maple body with wenge neck and wenge fingerboard.  Body is in fair condition for 23 years old; a few scrapes, light rash and dings but nothing structural at all, all cosmetic.  Not a baseball bat neck, in fact quite slim with a headstock volute for strength.  Hardware has minimal tarnishing from 23 years of use.  Just over 9lb 2oz in weight.
      MEC pups and pre, all original inc brass JAN I nut (none of those silly plastic jobbies here).  No neck break, no truss rod faults, no electrical issues. 
      Comes with a Warwick gigbag 
      Extras - can swap gigbag to a Generic hard case for £20 extra or a Hiscox case for £40.  

• By dapiccol
      I'm selling this beautiful Warwick Streamer LX made in Germany.
      It sounds amazing and has a great Low B, but i do not play much at the moment and i would rather sell it to someone who can give it what it deserves
      The bass is in very good condition, it only has a few marks on the lower part of the body, as shown in the pics.

Ovangkol Neck
      Wenge Fingerboard
      Gold Hardware
      Flamed Maple top
      Active 2 Ways electronics
      Truss rod cover is missing

I accept payment with bank transfer or Paypal (+4% on final price)
      I can ship In Italy for 27€, in all Europe for 55£,  and to the USA for 165£
      I might be interested in trades with Warwick Corvette $$ 5 Strings, Warwick Thumb, Fender Jazz USA (or Marcus Miller signature Japan), Fender Precision USA, Music Man Stingray... anyways feel free to make me some other offers
      (in case of long distance trades i will ship my bass as soon as i receive yours  )

For any other info feel free to contact me