Why become a member? ×

Nordstrand Basses.

bubinga5

Yeah I believe he’s winding down production of custom shop basses, although he’s soon to launch his new Acinonyx basses inspired by the Goya Panther bass. If I recall, they’re going to be manufactured offshore (Indonesia?) so although he’s been putting a tremendous amount of time into R&D for the bass, once the design is complete there will be very little actual bass building taking place at Nordstrand HQ. 

He’s also just opened a restaurant called Ramen Song which is presumably taking up a good chunk of his time.

Edited by CameronJ

I was really liking the look of that Acinonyx bass until I realised that there are a load of tone push switches right underneath where my right hand/wrist would be if I was playing it.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cato said:

I was really liking the look of that Acinonyx bass until I realised that there are a load of tone push switches right underneath where my right hand/wrist would be if I was playing it.

I can’t get past the one over three headstock 

9 hours ago, grayn said:

I'm a big fan of Nordstrand pickups, especially the Big Single but that bass in the video looks like some 60s bass from the Far East.

Real fugly.

Not far off, it’s a copy of a 60s bass from Italy I believe. It’s definitely an acquired taste but the original Goya Panther basses this is a homage to are gaining cult status thanks to Janek Gwizdala and Juan Alderete.

• Like 1