Why become a member? ×

Tattoo you

Bassfinger

I've got all the usual tatts.  Nudey lady from my youf, which I'm not especially proud of.  Motorbike themed tattoo, and a Led Zeppelin job.  I'm thinking of a fourth to even things up, and I've decided that a bass guitar themed tattoo is in line to be my next.

So do you have any musically themed or bass tattoos? Don't worry about me copying them cos I'm designing my own, but I'd be interested to see what my brothers and sisters in bassland have got.

Ha! Thought this thread was about the Rolling Stones album...

No tats here, my body is a temple and you shouldn't graffiti a place of worship 😆.

Although not a fan of ink, my nephew's best mate is a work of art from head to toe. Hardly any room left for more...but he doesn't play bass and I doubt if any tats are bass related. Sorry. As you were.

• Like 1

None of mine are bass related, just farmyard animals. 

Cow, duck, pig (flying), sheep (howling), goat (spellcasting), pink torpedo x 2, rat - organic and mechanical, badger, buunylope, songbirds, pidgeon, magpie, Grackle, unicorn (beheaded) , cockroach, garlic boy and pirate girl.

Ok, I admit the last two aren't so farmyard.

-- edit

haha - not pink torpedo, male chicken!

Edited by Woodinblack
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, oldslapper said:

I got a tattoo of the first bass I bought when I joined BC, then overwritten with each replacement, here’s the result. 

3362C69D-1C17-4C3A-AAE5-8B2FB93BDE24.jpeg

Is this actually your arm?

It looks solid! I love blackwork but only have “little” bits, as I think a full arm could get too hot in the summer.

16 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Serious question - is this a genuine problem with extensive tattoos?

Yes. Depending on the ink I guess, but the first thing a tattoo artist asked me when I enquired about a full black sleeve was “do you realise it can get really hot in the sun?”. I didn’t consider it up until then, so hence why I don’t have a full black, just bits - and that still burns a lot sometimes.

Edit - picture of the outside of my arm. This gets pretty hot in the full sun. This is an old one from like 5 years ago - now there’s more black above that.

7CF44789-E3A2-4EB9-AD4F-58819462858E.jpeg

Edited by PawelG
  • Like 1

It’s not a thing with extensive tattoos, nothing to do with the ink, but might simply be something to do with the colour. Black absorbs heat, white reflects it (why houses in very hot countries are usually white).

I don’t have solid black on my arms like the picture above, but both sleeves are relatively dark, fair amount of black....I don’t notice it being any more uncomfortable in the sun than normal.

I also wish that people would work with artists on the designs they want, you’ll get a better tattoo, I guarantee you that there’s nothing less inspiring to a tattoo artist than a customer designed piece. And if the artist you’ve chosen can’t come up with something you like, it’s the wrong artist.

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sibob said:

I also wish that people would work with artists on the designs they want, you’ll get a better tattoo, I guarantee you that there’s nothing less inspiring to a tattoo artist than a customer designed piece. And if the artist you’ve chosen can’t come up with something you like, it’s the wrong artist.

Si

Spot in. This is a recipe for better tattoos all around. I bet most of the “bad” tattoos are created when the customer demands and doesn’t listen to reasons why his/hers idea might not be the best. And it’s the artists job to make it work for both sides. Bad “artists” just do the tattoo anyway without any consideration to the detail/space ratio or the placement of a tattoo. And that’s not even touching of the subject of choosing the right technique for the design. Sadly, these days it’s pretty easy to get a bad tattoo. Especially, if one doesn’t do any research and doesn’t want to spend much money.

”Good tattoos aren’t cheap, cheap tattoos aren’t good”.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PawelG said:

Is this actually your arm?

It looks solid! I love blackwork but only have “little” bits, as I think a full arm could get too hot in the summer.

I do have tats but, as I’m not from Glasgow, I call them moobs! 
🤪

In all seriousness, this was a google image. 
I don’t have any tattoos, and at 58 I think the only meaningful bit of ink now would be my address. 

Edited by oldslapper
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Sibob said:

Si

Good point Si, I usually get an idea, give it to the tattooist that I use and he’ll work on it and give me something far better (and unique). I’ve only insisted on like for like once as it was a specific design by a well known tattoo artist, other than that I trust my tattooists judgement far better than my own.

• Like 1