Why become a member? ×

Mackie Master Fader under Windows?

lemmywinks

Would like to control my monitor mix with my old Toshiba Click Mini rather than buying an ipad, however Mackie say Windows support isn't due until Master Fader 5.1 and there's no sign of that at the moment. Has anybody had any joy running the Android version under Bluestacks? Failing that anybody know when v5.1 is due for release?

Did try the Mackie support email thing but they want to know product serial numbers and purchase dates etc just to send an email and I don't have those details.

Had a chat with our guitarist and the DL32R we have doesn't support the Android app anyway, the DL32S does but not ours which is apparently waiting for a firmware update to enable it. So it looks like even using Bluestacks or an Android tab isn't an option anyway even if they did release Master Fader 5.1 which is very annoying. From looking at Play Store reviews the Android version seems extremely buggy too, kind of annoying when Behringer support most devices.

Kind of expect better support from Mackie really. Guitarist said the DL32R hasn't had a firmware update in over a year, hope they don't abandon it. Ugh, really don't want to buy an Ipad!

7 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Kind of expect better support from Mackie really. Guitarist said the DL32R hasn't had a firmware update in over a year, hope they don't abandon it. Ugh, really don't want to buy an Ipad!

The latest firmware was delivered two days ago to the beta testers. I'm beta testing for MacOS and iOS so can't really comment on the Andriod or PC ports - but 5.1 is defo going forward at this stage.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I avoid Mackie stuff after they refused to do a firmware update for the onyx 1640i which meant that when I changed my laptop to one running windows 8 I could no longer use the firewire connection. They literally told me to buy a newer version of the mixer. They can bo****ks if they think they'll have another penny off me again. 

Well, well, well. So MF 5.1 got released last night.

Interesting observations - the "extended view" that was disclosed in the original announcement video hasn't materialised. Of course, the original video from Mackie has been removed... but somebody ripped a copy and put it up online anyway.

Here's the big sucker though... Mackie announced that there would be no MF5.1 support going forward for the DC16. This forms part of the flagship AXIS mixing system.... So those that have invested over 2k in the control surface are stuck with MF4. Ooh. Mackie have just peed ALOT of people off.

I say ALOT... I suspect they didn't actually shift alot of DC16s in the first place... because if you are dropping money for a DC16 and a DL32R with Dante card, you would realistically be looking at something like a QU or SQ5 with digital breakout boxes... or a X32 with similar?

Mackie screwed this.

I own two DL32Rs and haven't really been fussed for 5.1 to be honest - it's USP for me will always be complete I/O in one 3u unit without breakout boxes. RM32AI is the only unit that kinda fits a similar bill... but with the pricing of that, I don't think you'd be going Presonus.

Edited by EBS_freak

Useless for me as the Windows app doesn't work on my Windows 2in1 (probably a 32bit issue or doesn't work with the Bay Trail chip) despite there being no system requirements to speak of other than needing Windows 10. Works fine on my 2in1 Ultrabook (Core M7, 64bit) but that doesn't fit in my gigbag, may try installing 64bit Windows on my smaller one and seeing if it works.

2 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

Here's the big sucker though... Mackie announced that there would be no MF5.1 support going forward for the DC16. This forms part of the flagship AXIS mixing system.... So those that have invested over 2k in the control surface are stuck with MF4. Ooh. Mackie have just peed ALOT of people off.

I say ALOT... I suspect they didn't actually shift alot of DC16s in the first place... because if you are dropping money for a DC16 and a DL32R with Dante card, you would realistically be looking at something like a QU or SQ5 with digital breakout boxes... or a X32 with similar?

Mackie screwed this.

Our guitarist linked me to their announcement post on FB and there were a lot of angry customers on there. Seems like a really bad move.