Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Elf Amp - SOLD
£189

bagsieblue

Trace Elliot Elf Amp.

£189 shipped Mainland UK.

Some cosmetic scuffs and scrapes but all works as it should.

Good things come in small packages, and now Trace Elliot® can add "small yet powerful" to that saying with the introduction of the ELF bass amplifier. Weighing just 1.6 pounds, this revolutionary amp is small enough to fit in your back pocket. The ELF’s remarkable technology and size make it the most portable, gig-worthy amplifier ever made. It’s an ideal solution for any bassist who is concerned with size and weight, but isn’t willing to compromise on tone or performance.

Features

•Extremely portable 1.60 lb (0.73Kg)

•Dimensions: W = 6.75" (17.1 cm) D = 4.10" (10.4 cm) H= 1.35" (3.4cm)

•200W continuous into 4 ohms / 130W continuous into 8 ohms

•Wide range input gain control with signal level indicator

•3-band rotary equalizer that emulates the response of classic Trace Elliot multi-band graphic EQ filters

•Ultra-high preamp input impedance (>10meg ohms) for maximum sensitivity when using passive pickups

•Post EQ balanced XLR DI output with ground lift for sending classic Trace Elliot tone to a mixing console or recording device

•1/4" (6.35mm) headphone output for quiet practice

IMG_20191024_211039.jpg

IMG_20191024_211049.jpg

IMG_20191024_211111.jpg

Edited by bagsieblue

19 hours ago, Kevdbass said:

Loud enough to gig?

Lots of variables:

How loud is the band, how big is the gig, how efficient is the cab etc etc????   You may be best to research around to see if I would fit your specific circumstances?

4 hours ago, tom1946 said:

What does the caution mean about touching the speaker jack?  Never heard of that before, isn't it dangerous?

(Sorry if it's a silly question.....)

Copy and paste from the manual:

(10) SPEAKER OUTPUT This ¼” mono jack is provided for connection of an external speaker cabinet. Minimum load impedance is 4 Ohms. Please note that this a BRIDGED amplifier output, meaning the sleeve of the 1/4” jack is driven by an amplifier. Neither the tip nor sleeve of the speaker plug should ever contact ground, or damage could occur! Also, please use only cabinets built with professional-quality bass guitar musical instrument loudspeakers. Be aware that the protection circuitry within the ELF will detect overexcursion events caused by inferior speakers and guitar speakers, which are not meant for bass. The protection circuits will react to these events by momentarily interrupting the sound. If you experience interruptions, it means the speaker is exceeding maximum excursion. As an option, reduce the volume. If this happens repeatedly, ultimately you must change to a professional bass cabinet with adequate suspension and excursion for bass

On 29/10/2019 at 11:12, bagsieblue said:

Copy and paste from the manual:

(10) SPEAKER OUTPUT This ¼” mono jack is provided for connection of an external speaker cabinet. Minimum load impedance is 4 Ohms. Please note that this a BRIDGED amplifier output, meaning the sleeve of the 1/4” jack is driven by an amplifier. Neither the tip nor sleeve of the speaker plug should ever contact ground, or damage could occur! Also, please use only cabinets built with professional-quality bass guitar musical instrument loudspeakers. Be aware that the protection circuitry within the ELF will detect overexcursion events caused by inferior speakers and guitar speakers, which are not meant for bass. The protection circuits will react to these events by momentarily interrupting the sound. If you experience interruptions, it means the speaker is exceeding maximum excursion. As an option, reduce the volume. If this happens repeatedly, ultimately you must change to a professional bass cabinet with adequate suspension and excursion for bass

Aren't all amps like that? I always connect everything up before turning on anyway. the warning sounded as though if you touched the 1/4 jack while it was switched on it was live and you'd get a shock. I don't know much about this stuff.

52 minutes ago, tom1946 said:

Aren't all amps like that? I always connect everything up before turning on anyway. the warning sounded as though if you touched the 1/4 jack while it was switched on it was live and you'd get a shock. I don't know much about this stuff.

I believe so yes, I see it (my opinion) as an over cautions statement to spell out what is mis use,  to cover again being sued should unpleasant happen?