Why become a member? ×

NBD x 3

Chopthebass

Just received one of three basses!

Violet Fade Spector Euro 5 LT. Build quality is impeccable. I'm really digging the custom Barts and the Darkglass. The factory sound is a bit mid scooped, but there is a mid trim pot inside that I will mess with.

Coming soon - Mayones Jabba 5 Classic, with options. Birdseye fingerboard and three band eq.

Also coming soon - Vigier Passion iv - 5 string. I'm super excited about getting this one!

I will post pics soon. Is Photobucket still best to use?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chopthebass said:

Just received one of three basses!

Violet Fade Spector Euro 5 LT. Build quality is impeccable. I'm really digging the custom Barts and the Darkglass. The factory sound is a bit mid scooped, but there is a mid trim pot inside that I will mess with.

Coming soon - Mayones Jabba 5 Classic, with options. Birdseye fingerboard and three band eq.

Also coming soon - Vigier Passion iv - 5 string. I'm super excited about getting this one!

I will post pics soon. Is Photobucket still best to use?

Some would say that's just being greedy....

Not me....

I bought a minty Euro LT a few weeks back, I've not had a look inside the control cavity but I do profess to enjoying the odd tweak tonally.  There wasn't any fly sheet with it covering adjustments to the active circuit.

Concerning there being a trim pot, care to elaborate when you have a play around?

7 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

I bought a minty Euro LT a few weeks back, I've not had a look inside the control cavity but I do profess to enjoying the odd tweak tonally.  There wasn't any fly sheet with it covering adjustments to the active circuit.

Concerning there being a trim pot, care to elaborate when you have a play around?

I have yet to open the control cavity. But I will let you know the outcome of tweaking!

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 00:48, LukeFRC said:

How come three new basses at the same time? I tend to change one at a time

Ha ha! Well I ordered the Jabba and build time is a crazy 10 months. In the meantime I found a really great deal on the LT and GAS took over.

The Vigier is just an impulse buy!

I took the rear cover off the Spector and there is a mid adjuster. Its a small thumb wheel, so no screwdriver needed. Adjusting it does make a big difference to the sound. It was set with too much cut for my liking. I ended up increasing to just over half way and now its much punchier. Shame there is no adjustment for treble frequency, as it seems very high. The bass control is crazy powerful. My favourite sound is bridge pickup with the tiniest of bass boost.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Chopthebass said:

I took the rear cover off the Spector and there is a mid adjuster. Its a small thumb wheel, so no screwdriver needed. Adjusting it does make a big difference to the sound. It was set with too much cut for my liking. I ended up increasing to just over half way and now its much punchier. Shame there is no adjustment for treble frequency, as it seems very high. The bass control is crazy powerful. My favourite sound is bridge pickup with the tiniest of bass boost.

Time for a bit of experimentation.