Why become a member? ×

Wireless quieter than a lead, why?

PaulWarning

last night at practice our guitarist was suffering a lot of buzz from the rehearsal studio's amp, tried a different lead with no improvement so I let him use my wireless system, no noise at all, just wondering why, is it something to do with no earth connection?

9 hours ago, Bolo said:

Is the wireless using lossy compression or throwing away part of the data?

don't think so, it's something to do with the rehearsal room's amp, guitarist bought his own amp last week, no noise with the same lead, I think it's an earthing issue.

I just wondered why wireless got round this, something to do with why you don't get an electric shock when using one?

Funny as nobody answered your question.

So yes, you have no noise at all with a (decent) wireless due to the isolation as you are not directly connected, so avoiding earth loops, which is often the origin of these buzzes.

Now back to comments about quality of wireless. 😉

• Thanks 1

On 03/11/2019 at 09:46, PaulWarning said:

absolutely, the quality of the average venue's electrics can be very iffy, no  more tingling when I 'kiss' the mic 

Get a foam mic condom. No nasty shocks and you can wash  and use them again and again.

Edited by Chienmortbb
  • Like 1