Why become a member? ×

Back in business - Jerzy Drozd 5 - SOLD
£980
Bilbao - Spain

cascanicoff

Now up for grabs this beautiful Jerzy Drozd 5 strings bass. A great bass with the following specs:

• Aguilar Preamp 3 bands active/passive
  • Etiome body
  • Ebony fingerboard
  • Maple neck
  • 35" scale
  • Weight: 4 kg.

I used to have doubts about the 35" scale, but this bass has erased them all. I can barely find any difference to my 34" basses in the ergonomy or the feeling at playing. It is extremely easy to play, with great balance and an amazing build quality. A wonderful instrument that really makes justice to the fame of the builder.

The Jerzy has some cosmetic wear that can be seen in the pictures. It has already been -generously- applied to the final price of 980 pounds. It is located in Bilbao - Spain.

Cheers, Gorka

Jerzy Drozd (2).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (3).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (5).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (8).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (9).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (10).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (12).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (15).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (16).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (18).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (19).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (20).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (21).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (22).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (23).jpg

Jerzy Drozd (28).jpg

Edited by cascanicoff
Selling It again
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, Tonii1986 said:

Este bajo fue mío un tiempo... Me arrepiento de soltarlo, 5 cuerda buenísima 

I am also beginning to regret it. And I didn't sell it yet... 😄

Pumkinkin, I will check out the string spacing when I can. The switches are, to the best of my memory, passive/active and a frequency selector. I will check it out again when the job/kids/home thing grants me some free time.

• Thanks 1

The string spacing is 18 mm.

I don't care selling international (outside the EU), but I'd rather that the buyer organizes the delivery in this case, to avoid any problems. Please take into account that there would be import fees to be paid.

Edited by cascanicoff

It is a Jerzy Drozd Basic 5. Not sure about the construction year, apparently no spring chicken (despite its excellent playing condition). I will check out the serial number at home and send it to you per personal message, so that we don't push the ad any more for the time being.

Thanks to everyone for the excellent feedback and for the questions.

Edited by cascanicoff
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was hesitating for a while if I'd better withdraw this bass. But the fact is that I have too many basses already, so I am pushing the ad up again.

A brief note on the condition of the bass: the hole on top of the headstock has got indeed a chip. Actually two of them, one on each side, about a couple of milimetres, you can see them on the pics. I have never considered it a problem at all, but the issue came out in some private messages I exchanged, so  I prefer to mention it here to avoid any further questions or eventual missunderstandings.

The dings on the body are visible in the pictures. They are part of the reason for the low price of the bass. That being said, I think that it is more than fairly priced, therefore I may consider trade suggestions (eventually), but not bargaining on the price. For one pence less than this money I prefer keeping it for sure (and maybe even for this money, but that is nobody's problem but mine...)

Best, Gorka

I am selling again the Jerzy. I barely use it, even now, that I am home all the time. Moreover, I would like to make space for some other type of instrument (possibly a fretless).

So, ladies: I am all yours.

Here is a recent recording I made at home with it. Please excuse the very low quality, I just did it using my cell phone.

Edited by cascanicoff
Add a vídeo file
  • Like 1