Why become a member? ×

New Bass!

Leonard Smalls

Just bought an ACG Recurve Custom from @Bigwan of this parish.

And it's the absolute business! I can see why there's so much raving about them... It does just about everything my Wal does, but is lighter and possibly even easier to play. So do I sell the Sandberg Bassic or Parker PB51?

20191023_164423~2.jpg

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, SH73 said:

Is that a lemon plant in the big white pot?

It is!

We run a garden centre and most of the plants in what I call music room and my wife calls the garden room are undergoing TLC so they'll be good enough to sell...

The sound of a punkfunk band rehearsing in there doesn't seem to do them any harm!

10 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

It is!

We run a garden centre and most of the plants in what I call music room and my wife calls the garden room are undergoing TLC so they'll be good enough to sell...

The sound of a punkfunk band rehearsing in there doesn't seem to do them any harm!

Nice bass btw....any tips on keeping lemon plant alive throughout the year. Mine alternate between dead and alive.

2 hours ago, SH73 said:

.any tips on keeping lemon plant alive t

Keep them somewhere sunny - ours thrive on a windowsill that gets full sun for 1/2 day and good light for the rest.

We water about once a week from the bottom (i.e in large saucer) but don't let it stand in water for days. Feed with citrus feed or seaweed about once a month, and lookout for scale insects on the leaves. They're very susceptible indoors - as a result we put ours outside from about late May to end Sept for birds to eat... Prune and dead leaves...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Keep them somewhere sunny - ours thrive on a windowsill that gets full sun for 1/2 day and good light for the rest.

We water about once a week from the bottom (i.e in large saucer) but don't let it stand in water for days. Feed with citrus feed or seaweed about once a month, and lookout for scale insects on the leaves. They're very susceptible indoors - as a result we put ours outside from about late May to end Sept for birds to eat... Prune and dead leaves...

I think I overeater mine from top, so it goes I'll looking. Cheers LS