Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Trace Elliot Twin Valve 1 x 15 combo
£475
Chester

vinorange

I’ve been mulling this over for ages now but as I’ve now retired from gigging I’m going to free up some space, win some brownie points and free up some cash for a desktop amp of some variety.

So up for sale (or possible trade for something with 4 strings) is my Trace Elliot Twin Valve combo with a rather under estimated ”Trace Elliot” 115 watts RMS with a GP7 graphic Eq and 1 x 15 speaker combo. It dates from the late 80s / early 90s and is in really good condition. It also benefits from a recent re-valve and service by Tech to the stars Dave Lunt who replaced the old valves with a really expensive matched pair (GEC equivalents if I remember but I’ll have to check the make. The valves alone were in his stock - and he has some stock - and he let me have them for £175 which was way way under valued). I have the receipt from Dave’s service. I’ll also include the old valves (wherever they are) although one of them is a little rattly which is why they were replaced.

I’ve had the combo for about 2 years and had the intention of returning to gigging but I’ve accepted that it’s not going to happen. If I was going to gig, I’d use this as the sound is stunning. The watts of 115 are Trace Elliot watts and are valve watts so it comfortably rattles the windows. It also runs at 8 ohms standard but can run at 4 ohms so you could add a 2 x 10 for a truly trouser flapping rig. I’d love to keep it but it’s wasted in my office. Needless to say it’s not been gigged by me and judging on overall condition I’d say it hasn’t been gigged a lot. It’s got the original speaker which still sounds perfect.

I had previously been an Eden stalwart but always felt that there was some depth and resonance missing despite their amps being so lively and wonderfully hi-fi. When I got this Trace I realised that this has the resonance and depth that I was missing. Maybe it’s that valve sound or maybe it’s classic Trace engineering but either way it really is a fantastic sound.

Anyway, I’m in Chester and will drive up to 75 miles to deliver, swap or trade. Trade wise I’d consider any Fender 4 string. I could even add a little cash for a USA Fender. I’d prefer not to courier as it’s valvey but may courier it within the UK. It will be very pricey though as it would be insured. 

Dimensions are a compact 33cm x 48cm x 65cm. The weight belies the compact cab at 30+ kg.

Here’s a summary of the features.

Features:

Front:
Active / passive inputs. Input gain dial & overload indicator,  pre-shape EQ button, an in/out button for the graphic EQ and the 7 band Eq faders. Jack sockets on the right are FX loop send / return, Line in / out and a head-phone socket. Lastly are master volume and standby switch on the far right of the panel (speaker on/ off switch).

Rear:
Rocker switch for 4 or 8 ohm load with two outputs - XLR and 1/4” jack. On / off switch.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by vinorange
  • Like 5

• Rich locked this topic