Why become a member? ×

Hartke 5500 - 500W head with SS and Valve preamp sections. Super loud, ***SOLD***
£160
Nr Norwich

Dood

HA5500C-display.jpg

http://www.samsontech.com/hartke/products/amplifiers/ha-series-amplifiers/ha5500c/

• 500 Watts of power at 4 ohms 
  • Tube and solid state preamp sections 
  • Passive and active input sections 
  • Bass, treble, and contour controls 
  • 10-band graphic EQ 
  • Variable compression 
  • XLR direct out 
  • Effects loop 
  • Rack Ears included

Found on stages all over the world, the Hartke HA5500 bass amplifier is back in classic black. Yet, it retains all the same rock-solid performance and features as the original that have made it one of the most popular bass amplifiers of all time. The HA5500's unique circuitry ensures that every nuance of your bass performance is faithfully reproduced. Featuring two pre-amp input knobs for custom blending of tube and solid state tone and a ten-band graphic EQ, the HA5500 is ideal for the player who wants plenty of power and control. But we don't stop there. A dedicated preset button allows you to set a equalization curve and two fully adjustable contour knobs provide even more shaping of your distinctive sound. A built-in compressor adds real "punch" to your bass sound, and also allows you to smooth out volume differences between notes.Rugged construction and professional features make the HA5500 totally road-worthy. Two independent inputs accommodate both passive and active bass guitars. LEDs show you the settings of the graphic equalizer in low-light environments as well as a two-color LED that continuously shows the status of the compression circuitry in response to your playing.Electronically balanced direct output provides routing signal to professional mixing consoles for both live performance and recording environments. A ground lift switch helps prevent hum or buzz from entering the signal, and a pre/post switch allows the direct signal to be derived either before or after the amp EQ section.With all the features you need for complete tonal control, along with ample power and rugged design, the HA5500 will ensure complete bass euphoria no matter what kind of music you play.

Manual here: http://www.samsontech.com/site_media/support/manuals/HA35_5500_OM_5L_V5.3_1.pdf 

Nice lil rack mountable head here - very loud and made of "non D class heft" as discussed on BassChat. This example does have the well known Hartke Noisy Fan syndrome, but I know the fan can be swapped out for a computer-style noiseless fan fairly easily. There's a few marks on the outer casing and the rack ears are silver instead of black. With all this in mind I have set the price nice and low - will make a great gigging amp!

Collection only folks, unless you arrange your own courier and take full responsibility for shipping. I have a suitable box.

Edited by Dood
  • Like 1

I have one of these and it's absolutely amazing ; super loud as @Dood has already said, but it's got much more to it than that - it's tonally very flexible and has a bit of 'heft' about it too! 😊

Completely surprised me how good it is to be honest.. 

Anyway, GLWTS.. 

5 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

I have one of these and it's absolutely amazing ; super loud as @Dood has already said, but it's got much more to it than that - it's tonally very flexible and has a bit of 'heft' about it too! 😊

Completely surprised me how good it is to be honest.. 

Anyway, GLWTS.. 

It's funny as I was discussing the amp prior to advertising with a fellow BCer and did say that I actually thought about keeping it as it sounded so good when I ran it up to make sure it all functions correctly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, panos71n said:

good morning, can we arrange shipping to greece?

Yes, as per my post, it will be something the buyer will need to arrange. So if you can arrange your courier to collect, then no problem. Payment will be by bank transfer.  I'd recommend choosing insured and tracked shipping. Just PM me if you would like to go ahead :)

I had the 3500 and 5500 (recently sold) -  both excellent amps with lots of nice features - very under rated and good value in todays market - this one looks in tip top condition too

Edited by Petey

6 hours ago, wenbainhouse33 said:

hi there, do you have pictures of the actual head you are selling? thanks 

Yes, I was hoping to get some today, but I've been on my death bed fighting a rather virulent strain of mild lurgy today and didn't get to complete my post. Apologies!