Why become a member? ×

Steve Harris Bass

Hamster

I saw a white Steve Harris bass on eBay recently (complete with West Ham paintwork) for £650 and almost pulled the trigger on it but after reading reviews on them, I'm not sure I'd want one. The weight of them is something else apparently and to be honest, I'd much rather save a bit more and invest in another Spector rather than blow it on a precision.

5 hours ago, Geek99 said:

but has Steve Harris played a white bass ? Surely the point  of a sig model is that its exactly like the real thing? Geddy has a black bass, not sunburst for instance. 

His main bass used to have the Blue Sparkle finish. It was then refinished in white with the pinstripes and West Ham badge hence the 2 different signature basses.

4 minutes ago, bartelby said:

I paid £800 for mine, new. I still wouldn't part with it for £2K+

I had 2 in stock when I worked in a shop, had my heart set on one of them and it got sold on a day off. Think I could’ve had it for about £650, maybe less. 
It was between that and a super light Nate Mendel, so I ended up with that instead.

This was about 2012. The Nate is long gone unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...