Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

3 hours ago, AinsleyWalker said:

Any advice on getting patches the same volume? Constantly having to hook up the pedal to adjust patches volume/EQ because they're not balanced in volume or bass etc

Also the volume control on the pedal is painfully sensitive, and the knobs have almost 0 resistance... You move it 1mm and the volume boost/drop is pretty big... Wish the dials had a bit more resistance like say, the Tone Hammer controls.

Theres a mod i did with mine, I removed the knobs and placed 2 o-rings over the shaft covered in talc power.  Then replaced the knob. 

Its documented well somwhere on the net, I think it may have been an official mod fro. Panda. And it works well to increase knob resistance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

You could hook the pedal up to audacity or any other program with a dB readout, choose a desired dB level and resave patches with the adjusted main volume slider in the editor and rewrite the files to the pedal. 

Interesting idea, I'll try that out. 
Sometimes the issue I find is that a patch will sound fine when comparing with my clean tone etc when playing solo. then if playing with others/along to any music then the levels are clearly not the same, the patch is too boomy/thin or isn't cutting through etc.

3 minutes ago, AinsleyWalker said:

Sometimes the issue I find is that a patch will sound fine when comparing with my clean tone etc when playing solo. then if playing with others/along to any music then the levels are clearly not the same, the patch is too boomy/thin or isn't cutting through etc.

I have precisely the same issue. Some patches sound great then the next one I select is weedy or quiet or both yet they sounded fine when setting them up on the computer. 

In fairness I often came across this with multi effects pedals. Problem is, you can get them all to the same DB level and some sounds will cut through better/worse than others just because of their character. 

Trial error and using the output level I guess 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AinsleyWalker said:

You could use the onboard EQ or an external EQ to help. 

Hi, I hope someone has the patience to help me.
I would like to buy this beautiful pedal.
From what I understand, it is a complex machine, especially if you want to use the editor to create or import patches.
The English-only manual would be one more obstacle (at least for me).
I would like to ask you a few questions:
1) Would a sound card (komplete audio 6 first version) be sufficient to use the editor? At least to be able to import the patches that many of you make available? Should i buy midi cables only?
2) Is there a video tutorial that explains how to move around the editor for the various operations?
3) Can the Future Impact be used in a pedalboard with other pedals without any problem? And where would it be best to place it in the chain?
Sorry for any mistakes but I'm using google translate.
Thanks

1 hour ago, Gradenko said:

Hi, I hope someone has the patience to help me.
I would like to buy this beautiful pedal.
From what I understand, it is a complex machine, especially if you want to use the editor to create or import patches.
The English-only manual would be one more obstacle (at least for me).
I would like to ask you a few questions:
1) Would a sound card (komplete audio 6 first version) be sufficient to use the editor? At least to be able to import the patches that many of you make available? Should i buy midi cables only?
2) Is there a video tutorial that explains how to move around the editor for the various operations?
3) Can the Future Impact be used in a pedalboard with other pedals without any problem? And where would it be best to place it in the chain?
Sorry for any mistakes but I'm using google translate.
Thanks

No sound card is necessary. All sounds are generated on the pedal - the editor simply sets the parameters of the pedal.

Buy a Roland UM-One MK2 to connect the pedal to your computer and save yourself the headache.

Pedal works just fine on a pedalboard with other pedals. Ideally you need to feed it a clean bass signal (post-EQ, post-compression works fine).

4 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Non è necessaria alcuna scheda audio. Tutti i suoni vengono generati sul pedale: l'editor imposta semplicemente i parametri del pedale.

Acquista un Roland UM-One MK2 per collegare il pedale al computer e risparmiarti il mal di testa.

Il pedale funziona perfettamente su una pedaliera con altri pedali. Idealmente è necessario fornire un segnale di basso pulito (post-EQ, post-compressione funziona bene).

Thanks a lot. What about video tutorials? At least about how to maybe import your patches which are absolutely fantastic. Compliments

2 minutes ago, Gradenko said:

Thanks a lot. What about video tutorials? At least about how to maybe import your patches which are absolutely fantastic. Compliments

No video tutorials as yet, I’m afraid, as I’ve been unable to get together with @GisserD to record our planned session. I could potentially talk people through via video chat though. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Gradenko said:

In spite of everything I am thinking of buying it. Would you be kind enough to show me step by step how to import your patches into the pedal?

Do have a read of the FAQ section of the online v3 manual first. I detailed the process pretty clearly there.

You can download all the patches I’ve shared so far here:

https://auraplug.com/fidatabase2/downloads/quatschmachers-collected-free-v3-patches-rev-2020-10-05/

Won’t be able to load them all on as I think there are more than 99. I suggest auditioning them first once you get the pedal, which you can do via the editor (it loads a single one into the edit buffer). Once you’ve decided which 99 you want to burn to pedal, that’s where the process is slightly convoluted.

If my description in the manual doesn’t clear things up for you, I’d be happy to guide you through. 

• Like 1

I've noticed that when using the keyboard in the editor to test sounds, it triggers the sound as if your "Input Level" was very high (high enough to trigger a red light) when I'm not sure that's how anyone sets the pedal up (I have an amber light at very most...)
Is there anyway to change this? it's a bit frustrating that the sounds produced when using the editor keyboard never match what they'll actually sound like in use with a bass.
image.thumb.png.1ff03ff0a7c451dd79fccbb452625592.png

7 minutes ago, AinsleyWalker said:

I've noticed that when using the keyboard in the editor to test sounds, it triggers the sound as if your "Input Level" was very high (high enough to trigger a red light) when I'm not sure that's how anyone sets the pedal up (I have an amber light at very most...)
Is there anyway to change this? it's a bit frustrating that the sounds produced when using the editor keyboard never match what they'll actually sound like in use with a bass.
image.thumb.png.1ff03ff0a7c451dd79fccbb452625592.png

Another instance of where reading the manual helps. The on-screen keyboard is velocity sensitive: play it near the bottom for high velocity, near the top for low velocity.

Also, volume response of a given patch is dependent on what the amp and filter envelope settings are. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Another instance of where reading the manual helps. The on-screen keyboard is velocity sensitive: play it near the bottom for high velocity, near the top for low velocity.

Also, volume response of a given patch is dependent on what the amp and filter envelope settings are. 

Lol actually in this instance I tried to find the relevant info in the manual (I've been going through the PDF this morning for some other stuff) but I couldn't find what I was looking for so I thought I'd ask here..

Thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, AinsleyWalker said:

Lol actually in this instance I tried to find the relevant info in the manual (I've been going through the PDF this morning for some other stuff) but I couldn't find what I was looking for so I thought I'd ask here..

Thanks for the info.

3A2255CA-D08B-4A0E-B851-2466915CFC42.png
The index is pretty thorough and if that doesn’t work, it’s a PDF so you can keyword search using ctrl+F.

Edited by Quatschmacher

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A new FI update (v3.04) has just been released. The changes are as follows:

Added MIDI control of the dry instrument volume via CC92.

Fixed a tuner bug where the LFO to VCO would cause the tuner reference pitch to fluctuate.

De-zippered the INSTR signal in the main mixer so there are fewer artefacts when modulating it using flexis.

I’ve incorporated a few of the suggestions made by users to make portions of the manual clearer, notably the data digit and boot menu procedure.

You can download the new firmware file and manual here:

http://pandamidi.com/support

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...