Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Have a read of the manual. I wrote it in such a way as to hopefully be easily digestible and wrote a section on building sounds from scratch

I shall, thank you. Money has changed hands, I will be joining the club soon. Just trying to find that interface at an affordable price. 

I can find an affordable interface but not that one - it's higher than I anticipated. I'll keep looking

• Like 1

Just now, stewblack said:

I shall, thank you. Money has changed hands, I will be joining the club soon. Just trying to find that interface at an affordable price. 

I can find an affordable interface but not that one - it's higher than I anticipated. I'll keep looking

To save yourself money and a headache, read the end of the manual for tested compatible interfaces as there are some that don’t work properly. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

To save yourself money and a headache, read the end of the manual for tested compatible interfaces as there are some that don’t work properly. 

I intend to buy the one you recommend. False economy awaits otherwise! 

Having read some of the manual I realise this has the potential to be way more than a creative tool. This could replace multiple pedals in my system. 

I hadn't realised that. Very excited now. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Had a blast at creating some faux exponential FM effects just now:

Stop all that messing about and work out what I need to sound like Stevie Wonder's synth bass on I Wish would you. 

I don't know, it's not a toy. 

😉

55 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Found an approved interface on FB market place. There are none of the Roland in stock anywhere except at silly prices. 

What cables will I need please? 

Most of the listed interfaces are of the kind which have integrated cables. Which one have you gone for?

Other than that, all you need is two standard audio cables for input and output.

59 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Stop all that messing about and work out what I need to sound like Stevie Wonder's synth bass on I Wish would you. 

I don't know, it's not a toy. 

😉

I’ll have a listen and see if I can cop it.

The bass line is mostly electric bass and Rhodes, the line is doubled an octave up on a plucked-sounding instrument which could be synth or guitar. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

9 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’ll have a listen and see if I can cop it.

The bass line is mostly electric bass and Rhodes, the line is doubled an octave up on a plucked-sounding instrument which could be synth or guitar. 

Oh man, I was only joking! But thank you. 

I've got the pedal (already running the latest version)

I've got the midi lead

I've installed the drivers for the midi lead

I've registered on the Panda website

I've downloaded the editor

I've hooked up the pedal to the computer via the midi lead

I've opened the editor

I've gone through the editor to the Program Database

I've downloaded a sound I like.

I've loaded from file to Editor

How do I now get it on to the pedal, or know where on the pedal it has been saved?

cheers!

Edited by MacDaddy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

I've got the pedal (already running the latest version)

I've got the midi lead

I've installed the drivers for the midi lead

I've registered on the Panda website

I've downloaded the editor

I've hooked up the pedal to the computer via the midi lead

I've opened the editor

I've gone through the editor to the Program Database

I've downloaded a sound I like.

I've loaded from file to Editor

How do I now get it on to the pedal, or know where on the pedal it has been saved?

cheers!

Reading the relevant portion of the manual will be helpful:

I addressed this also in the FAQs:

http://gg.index.hu/pandamidi/FI_v3/FI User Guide v3.03 (online).pdf#page70

Edited by Quatschmacher

reading the manual was the first thing I did, but I am a bear of lttle brain.

After doing this:

"If you have found a sound you like and want to write it to the pedal, click on theWRITE ONE button in the top left of the editor screen. Locate the program file. If thefile name begins with a two-digit numerical prefix then this is the location (slot) on thepedal to which it will be written. If you want to write it to a different slot, first renamethe file, prefixing the name with the two-digit slot number of your choice. When youare ready to write the program to your pedal, either double click the file or click Open"

i have a dialogue box stating "FI not present or a communication error has occurred!".

13 minutes ago, MacDaddy said:

reading the manual was the first thing I did, but I am a bear of lttle brain.

After doing this:

"If you have found a sound you like and want to write it to the pedal, click on theWRITE ONE button in the top left of the editor screen. Locate the program file. If thefile name begins with a two-digit numerical prefix then this is the location (slot) on thepedal to which it will be written. If you want to write it to a different slot, first renamethe file, prefixing the name with the two-digit slot number of your choice. When youare ready to write the program to your pedal, either double click the file or click Open"

i have a dialogue box stating "FI not present or a communication error has occurred!".

Have you selected your interface for both the editor input and output in the midi preferences menu? Both midi sockets need to be plugged into the FI too as it needs two-way communication with the editor for writing. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

44 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Have you selected your interface for both the editor input and output in the midi preferences menu? Both midi sockets need to be plugged into the FI too as it needs two-way communication with the editor for writing. 

Aha! I'm already plugged in, but I'll try the preference menu.

Appreciate your help!

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

I have the m'audio midisport 4x4 en-route from a guy on FB market place but couldn't get an answer as to what cables I will need. 

Any ideas? 

I answered you above when you asked the other day. The 4x4 is a bit overkill. You’ll need two standard midi cables. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

25 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I answered you above when you asked the other day. The 4x4 is a bit overkill. You’ll need two standard midi cables. 

So sorry I didn't see that post. In fact I still can't see it.

I'll stop bothering you now 

I only looked at models specifically listed in the manual. 

Screenshot_20200423_224207.jpg

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 1

I have ordered a couple of 5 pin din leads (or at least they look like the old 5 pds we used to use) as that's the only cable I could see looked like it would join the midi interface to the pedal. Which I assume is what happens. 

@prowla you were quite correct the unit came with nothing at all, luckily enough the type of USB cable looks to be the standard USB type A to USB type B, of which I have many.

The reason I asked was to order the correct stuff before the pedal and interface arrived. But never mind I'll just wait for the postman. 

Some interesting squeaks and honks coming out of the machine though. Hopefully I will be able to suss it all out once I'm joined up and can use the software. 

Edited by stewblack