Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

Trying to update the firmware on my FI and it’s driving me nuts.

Followed the instructions to the letter (I think) and I keep getting and ‘Error - F1 not present or a communication error has occurred’.

It may get chucked out of the window shortly 😡

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

4 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Trying to update the firmware on my FI and it’s driving me nuts.

Followed the instructions to the letter (I think) and I keep getting and ‘Error - F1 not present or a communication error has occurred’.

It may get chucked out of the window shortly 😡

Sent you a PM. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Sounds pretty damned close to me. I could probably use that for I Wanna Dance With Somebody.

....if I can figure out how to get it to my pedal. There are couple of V3 patches I know I'm not going to need. Could do with replacing them with a few of yours.

14 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Sounds pretty damned close to me. I could probably use that for I Wanna Dance With Somebody.

....if I can figure out how to get it to my pedal. There are couple of V3 patches I know I'm not going to need. Could do with replacing them with a few of yours.

Read the FAQs at the very end of the manual as it explains this - specifically the one called How do I listen to and add new sounds to my pedal?

I'll probably upload this patch to the online database site (access via the help menu in the editor).

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Close but needs a bit more midrange attack in the filter.  I enjoyed listening to it!

What exactly do you mean by “midrange attack in the filter”? Could you explain, please. Or perhaps you could download my patch and tweak it, record a clip and share the result to illustrate what you mean.

In the context of the track it seems to work:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10xBvmhWgXuKnAuMSR5trh61tnzqRTo7y/view?usp=drivesdk

It’s tricky to replicate exactly when there are loads of other instruments in the mix. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

What exactly do you mean by “midrange attack in the filter”? Could you explain, please. Or perhaps you could download my patch and tweak it, record a clip and share the result to illustrate what you mean.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10xBvmhWgXuKnAuMSR5trh61tnzqRTo7y/view?usp=drivesdk

It’s tricky to replicate exactly when there are loads of other instruments in the mix. 

Plus, in a live environment, I doubt you would be able to tell the difference anyway.

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

I would but I really don't have time right now with baby sitting while school is out, an apartment to redesign and work demands.  All I was hearing was a little more midrange definition, it might not be a filter thing, it might be an eq thing and of course I couldn't be sure until I'd messed around with it.  It's not a big thing in any case.

16 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

OK, this is still a bit messy (partly due to triggering and partly some technique I need to clean up) but I'm pleased with my progress. @Kiwi, I've also altered the patch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i7eKQC9bZcs3GFPLMt6INJqxNMjLQc0n/view?usp=sharing

That's a very busy line Peter! I'm really impressed on your tracking of those semi Quavers, and well learned too 😁Absolutely fantastic. I need to borrow a laptop as I want that sound.

1 hour ago, lee650 said:

That's a very busy line Peter! I'm really impressed on your tracking of those semi Quavers, and well learned too 😁Absolutely fantastic. I need to borrow a laptop as I want that sound.

Thanks, Lee. A combination of using the FI and watching a short SBL video made me realise I have some work to do in my right hand. Most of the triggering "faults" are down to my sloppy technique - I wasn't being consistent in my RH fingering and this has forced me to focus a lot. Those fast high pentatonic runs are a bit beastly as they are around the 12th fret which is often an area where notes tend to ring out more so very careful damping is needed.

I put my patch up the other day which was the one I used for the previous recording; I've since tweaked this one but not yet uploaded.  

53 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

I'm thinking about throwing a list together of covers with synth bass lines.  Stuff that a gigging bassist might play. 

I would be up for having a crack at a few. Perhaps I could make some cash if it's the sort of thing folks might pay a few quid for.

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

I would be up for having a crack at a few. Perhaps I could make some cash if it's the sort of thing folks might pay a few quid for.

I would be happy to pay for any patches that you could match to some of the songs in my 80's set.

It's completely beyond me (as you know 😂) and there's no reason why you shouldn't earn out of your hard work.

• Like 1

@QuatschmacherHere are some starters for ten, some of them might already be done in your collection but perhaps not labelled yet: 

A-ha
Take On Me

Bananarama*
Venus

Britney Spears
Toxic
One More Time

Bronski Beat/Communards
Don't Leave Me This Way
Small Town Boy

Chaka Khan
Ain't Nobody (already done?)
I Feel For You

Depeche Mode 
I Just Can't Get Enough
Personal Jesus

Donna Summer 
I Feel Love
She Works Hard For The Money (montage music)

Duke
So In Love With You

Eurythmics
Sweet Dreams
Love Is A Stranger

Everything But The Girl 
Miss you

George Michael
I Want Your Sex
Too Funky

Girls Aloud
Something Kinda
Jump
Sound of the Underground
No Good Advice (pre-chorus/chorus)
All I Need I Don't

Gwen Guthrie
Ain't Nothin' Going On (but the rent)

Heavy D and The Boyz
Now That We Found Love (square wave on this one)

Jackson 5
Shake Your Body Down To The Ground
Can You Feel It 

Kylie*
Locomotion
Can't Get You Out Of My Head

Lisa Stansfield
Some Day (I'm Coming Back)

Madonna
Into The Groove 
Holiday
Blue Monday
Vogue
Like A Virgin

Mel and Kim*
Showing Out
Respectable
FLM

Michael Jackson
The Way You Make Me Feel
BAD
Billie Jean
Thriller
Wanna Be Startin' Something

Nelly Furtado
Maneater
Say It Right

Outkast
Hey Ya

Pet Shop Boys
Opportunities
Go West
It's a Sin
West End Girls

Pointer Sisters
Neutron Dance
Jump (For My Love)

Rick Astley*
Never Gonna Give You Up

Rihanna
Don't Stop The Music (note the phase/sweep filter)
Umbrella (prechorus+chorus)
Only Girl (In The World) - layered bass line

Seal
Killer (w/Adamski)
Crazy

Sia
Titanium

Snap
Rythmn Is A Dancer

Sophie Ellis Bextor
Get Over You 
Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer)
Take Me Home

SOS Band
Just Be Good To Me

Stonebridge 
Freak On (w/ Ultra Nate)
Put 'Em High (w/ Therese)

The Real Thing
Can You Feel The Force (mix of real and synth bass)

Three Degrees
Giving Up Giving In

Ultra Nate
I'm Free

Yazz
The Only Way Is Up

* Could be a variation of the same Stock Aitken Waterman bass line.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Chaka Khan
Ain't Nobody (already done?)

Yep, I did this one and shared a while ago. Did Thriller a week or so ago (see above).

That’s a big list and should keep me busy.  Also happy to check out some new stuff as I haven’t heard everything in the list. 

@Kiwi Any chance you could create a Spotify/YouTube playlist with those tracks so I can find them all in the same place. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

Not quite up to speed but learning to play this accurately on the FI is really forcing me to focus on technique. There's no trickery going on here to get the octaves to jump out, just lots of work on left hand muting and consistent right hand fingering. I found that favouring my rear pickup on my jazz has helped with this but I'm still plucking between the pickups.

• Like 1

• Quatschmacher changed the title to Future Impact v3 and now V4