Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

On 22/02/2020 at 14:08, itu said:

Only tried different sounds, this unit already sings. Very good tracking. Smaller and lighter package is a nice touch.

20200222_150313.jpg

@GisserD

I really Like the look of that.

I'm curious about the knobs. Are the indented? The ones in the FI aren't, which, if you need to do any tweeking on the fly, is a real drag.

In particular the parameter knob - you have to turn it with the light touch of a safe-cracker and thereby count how many times the LEDs have gone off and on again in order to know which parameter you have selected. It's a bit like that Dirty Harry moment..."So, what you have to ask yourself is this. Did the LEDs go off an on again 5 times or 6? Well, did they? Do you feel lucky..... punk?"   You get my drift.

Edited by SICbass

14 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Here are five patches I intended to share for free but there seems to be a problem with the database site - either my permissions are blocked or there is a wider problem. Could someone please check if the "add new" button is visible and let me know. @GisserD, @lee650, @SICbass

The database glitch has been fixed by Zsolt now. I’ll upload these patches tonight. One thing to note is that I created them on my keyboard so they don’t really react quite the same on bass. Patches with filter pitch tracking are often laggy on bass. Also, the velocity response of my keyboard will be different from that of a bass. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

5 hours ago, SICbass said:

I'm curious about the knobs. Are the indented? The ones in the FI aren't, which, if you need to do any tweeking on the fly, is a real drag.

Sorry, they do not have the indents. Would be a nice touch, though. It would be possible to make a step attenuator with a rotary switch, but that would need some tweaking, as there is not too much space between the box and the PCBA.

In celebration of my birthday here are a couple of free patches. I’m nowhere near a PC today so am uploading via google drive links. I’ll add them to the file share when I’m home.

Thriller:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vc3aYa8bH_S61WiiN-cjcc7rAyJCeCTd/view?usp=drivesdk

Flashlight:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h0CMF9R4HmTyoUZUkWo77OCT1rUlyuGB/view?usp=drivesdk

• Like 1

If the FI works as a sound source for a MIDI keyboard, would the MIDI keyboard and a sustain pedal make the note sustain? If so, could I run a bass through it and have a keyboard MIDId up to it to get a sustain pedal working?

I could actually try this at home and will, but I need to know NOW because it is more interesting than marking work.

1 hour ago, owen said:

If the FI works as a sound source for a MIDI keyboard, would the MIDI keyboard and a sustain pedal make the note sustain? If so, could I run a bass through it and have a keyboard MIDId up to it to get a sustain pedal working?

I could actually try this at home and will, but I need to know NOW because it is more interesting than marking work.

I’d be willing to put money on it that it will only sustain the notes that were generated by midi in the first place. 

My guess is that you want this to create a freeze function for notes triggered by bass. It won’t do that. Have patience, my friend. That feature will one day come. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

On 10/03/2020 at 11:16, Quatschmacher said:

In celebration of my birthday here are a couple of free patches. I’m nowhere near a PC today so am uploading via google drive links. I’ll add them to the file share when I’m home.

Thriller:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vc3aYa8bH_S61WiiN-cjcc7rAyJCeCTd/view?usp=drivesdk

Flashlight:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h0CMF9R4HmTyoUZUkWo77OCT1rUlyuGB/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks Peter!

You're a diamond, sterling patches as usual 😘

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lee650 said:

Thanks Peter!

You're a diamond, sterling patches as usual 😘

Thanks, Lee.

On 10/03/2020 at 11:16, Quatschmacher said:

I’ll add them to the file share when I’m home.

These are now up on the file share site, both individually and in my collected patches folder.

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Thanks 1