Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

I've just added 3 patches to the file share page. These are the original versions of my factory patches 1, 7 and 36. They are simple drop-in replacements. These have the MIDI assignments I programmed and all use expression pedal sending CC1 to morph as heard in the demos. They sound much better than the released versions IMHO.

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Thanks 1

On 06/02/2020 at 13:38, Quatschmacher said:

I've just added 3 patches to the file share page. These are the original versions of my factory patches 1, 7 and 36. They are simple drop-in replacements. These have the MIDI assignments I programmed and all use expression pedal sending CC1 to morph as heard in the demos. They sound much better than the released versions IMHO.

For anyone that downloaded the OC2 patch, please re-download it as the diacritics in the original filename prevented it from being written to the pedal. It works now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/10/2019 at 09:14, Quatschmacher said:

The following section headers are all hyperlinks:

New User Guide

The information contained herein supersedes and/or incorporates the information from the old User Resource page, which is now locked.

Product Page

Support Page (firmware, editor, etc.)

Online v3 Firmware Updater

If you do not want to or do not need to back up your old v2 files, then you can simply update your firmware and load the new factory soundset using this handy tool (Google Chrome only).

IMPORTANT: If you don’t already have your v2 programs backed up but want to, then, rather than using the online updater, you must instead update to v3 using these instructions.

Note: After updating to v3, you will need to reset the tuner’s tune base value to 440 Hz, either manually or by performing a “reset all”. See page 13-14 of the manual for details of this.

New Online Program Database

The Database is fully functional but still in beta - I will be writing instructions for this over the coming weeks as we refine it. These instructions may get incorporated into the main User Guide or may remain as a stand-alone document.

I've uploaded all the old Talkbass shared patches to the database in the new v3 format (removing the most obvious duplication).

Listening to the sounds is like an exercise in recognising songs... I got "Living Wreck" and "You Take My Breath Away", amongst one or two others...

I’ve tweaked my double bass patch considerably and it sounds much better. Also, listening on phone/headphones doesn’t do it justice; it really sounds a lot more convincing when played through an amp. 

I’ll get a clip recorded (but interface only) and upload the patch sometime over the weekend. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’ve tweaked my double bass patch considerably and it sounds much better. Also, listening on phone/headphones doesn’t do it justice; it really sounds a lot more convincing when played through an amp. 

I’ll get a clip recorded (but interface only) and upload the patch sometime over the weekend. 

Here it is. Do listen through an amp for best results.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, owen said:

Sadness. The Boss pedal dose sustain remarkably well, but the FI leaves the rest of it behind. 

Actually, you can probably get close by hooking up a Freeze pedal. You could then use an expression pedal on CC2 to lower the synth volume on subsequent notes, leaving just dry bass or just play more synth. Not as elegant as a one-pedal solution but it might work in the interim. 

10 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’m sure it’ll happen but some patience is required. Remember how long we had to wait for v3 but it was totally worth it. 

About 3 years after the launch of FI v1 in circa Aug 2016

I presume there was a version 2.0? So the better time interval is v1 to v2 to v3...

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

About 3 years after the launch of FI v1 in circa Aug 2016

I presume there was a version 2.0? So the better time interval is v1 to v2 to v3...

You can check the version history for when v2 came out. It added the tuner and other stuff. Bear in mind that v3 was a massive upgrade from v2 which consequently took a lot of time, especially as Andras is the only one working on the code (alongside his other work). The other thing is that a lot of the new features I suggested once I was on board required a significant restructuring of the core code. This was necessary to get things like the new multiple LFOs from VCO3 and VCO4.

I would think that any planned upgrades are minor in comparison to the above but because I know nothing about coding, I cannot say how long those things might take to implement correctly. More good stuff is coming. In the meantime, let’s enjoy the already awesome pedal we have.   

19 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Here's my attempts at the EHX Bassballs. Does anyone know whether the drive is pre- or post-filter? Available on the file share site.

Oooh sounds excellent II need to get that! Id say the drive is pre filter

So are you Going to do a second version with fizz (gated would be amazing) by the way Peter read your Pm😂

Edited by lee650

3 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Here's a new patch that I've shared. More to come.

That's quite nice although I would be inclined to remove some of the high end for my own personal taste.  Make it a little more rubber bandy sounding.

3 hours ago, Kiwi said:

That's quite nice although I would be inclined to remove some of the high end for my own personal taste.  Make it a little more rubber bandy sounding.

I have plenty of patches that do that already. I wanted to try something different. I deliberately left the high end in as there are subtle changes to the balance of wave volumes going on via the mod matrix.  

• Like 1

Anyone got any advice on starting a fresh patch, like a default, removing all parameters/effects etc?

Maybe I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be a 'clear all' type feature, which is a bit annoying when you want to make a new patch. I don't always want to have to edit a preexisting one.
On occasions I've taken two different patches, changed ALL the parameters so that they are the same, and they will both sound different... Like some of the features or elements of the old patch are still there in the tone or character... So it's really hard to just start from scratch and really get used to building patches from the ground up.

I'm hoping I've missed a really basic feature that allows me to do this ha!

• Quatschmacher changed the title to Future Impact v3 and now V4